Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
O
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
O
Classic Trucks ran an exciting article on Mallory's new adjustable vacuum advance distributor for the Stovebolt 236/261 at, http://www.classictrucks.com/tech/0604cl_mallory_performance_distributor/index.html

This was real exciting to me when I read it.

BUT:

After I contacted them they said that they had scraped the project and will not going forward with producing any of them.
I am disapointed and I don't fully understand their decision on doing this. They already offer the 235 distributor without the
adjustable vacuum, so what would be the big deal about putting an adjustable vacuum setup on it. They already have the hard
part done and they have already made one for the Classic Trucks article so their engineering part is complete.

Classic Trucks had praised them in their article for caring about those of us who wished to keep their older inline sixes rather than going with the small block V8. But it looks like somebody at Mallory didn't care after all, and pulled the plug on it.

I would like to invite the members and guest here at Inliners to contact (Prestolite Performance, Technical Services) at 216-688-8300 EXT.5 with a kind/polite note about how we would support their move to go ahead and continue their making of the 235/261 inline six distributor with the adjustable vacuum advance.

Maybe together we could make a difference.

Ed

Last edited by gearhead; 05/30/08 10:33 AM.
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
A group buy offer would be the most likely to get their attention.

I haven't read the article, was this a Breaker point (Kettering) style, or an electronic style?

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
O
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
O
(Nexxussian) ~ It's the electronic style with adjustable vacuum. (which helps with street drivablity)

A group 'buy' may have "got their attention", but my intent for posting was hopefully to just get some people just to voice their support for any new product that can be made for the old 235/261 inlines sixes. I would think that would help in keeping the old inlines alive for the future. This would give us and future inline owners more choices.

G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G
I understand what you intent is, but there is allready a way to get what you're after.
If you convert a later six (250/292) dizzy for use in the 235/261, then you can get an adjustable advance, I believe Moroso makes it. I have such a setup currently on my 261.

It would take some tinkering, but it could be adapted to other dizzys as well...

I.I. #3174
K
K10 Offline
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
K
Here is the response from Mallory Tech on another forum. The short story is, you can get one, it's just going to be custom made for you.

Ed,

First off I would appreciate you removing my personal info from this thread. We don't care if you use our phone number but please do not use our full names or email address.

Now concerning your request of this vacuum advance distributor for your 235 inline 6. Here is the article on this site http://www.classictrucks.com/tech/0604cl_mallory_performance_distributor/index

Throughout the article it states it is a "custom" distributor not an off the shelf distributor. So we never dropped the ball because the ball was never there. If anyone wants a vacuum advance distributor for your 235 motor we can make you one.

If anyone has any questions please call 216-688-8300 ext 5 for assistance. Thank You

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available