Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
M
Does anybody know what size main jet should be in a Rochester Model B carburetor on a 292ci? If anybody has a factory service manual for a '64-'67 Chevy Truck would you mind looking this up for me? I have a 1970 chassis service manual and it shows the later(M series) carburetor. My truck is running rich so I'd like to find out what the factory specs call for. Thanks in advance!

Andrew

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
The big 292 "B" carbs I have all have come with about a #72 Jet in them.

This carb is a lot like 1 primary barrel of a Holley 850 Carb, not the most responsive setup, huge venturi and throttle bore limited to 1.75" so I think the jet is kinda generous to give decent throttle response.

If you want to give up 5-7hp at the top end you can run a smaller car 1-bbl "BC" or "BV" carb, 1.25" venturi and about a #59 or so jet, a lot more responsive down low.

M
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
M
The carburetor came off of a 230, and I wasn't aware there were different venturi sizes, so I'd be willing to bet its the smaller 1.25" venturi. I drilled the original jet, and I believe its #72 right now which could explain why its running rich. I'll have to find a #59 jet and see if that helps. Thanks for the info!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Eoats, Beater of the Pack, littlejeep2), 345 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available