Print Thread
Rate Thread
#4311 07/19/04 01:41 PM
R
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
I have a 194 Chevy 6 with Clifford 3into1 headers and ignitorII ignition with new coil. What I want to do now is to put on a better intake manifold either Offy or Clifford, but ive heard the Offy needs a heater plate on the bottom so it will work better for everyday driving. My question is where do i find this heater plate and how does it work (is it electrical or water??) Will the Offy intake work with the Clifford headers?!?

Thanks for any help

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
I bought mine at Langdon's Stove Bolt Engine Company (http://www.stoveboltengineco.com/acartpro/). You run your heater hoses through it. I haven't installed it yet but it looks like it'll be ok.

Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis
57 Chevy Stepside (Model 3100) http://community.webshots.com/user/jerryacheson
R
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
alright, but does that mean i have no heater and you didn't answer my other question about if it will work with the Clifford headers.

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
 Quote:
Originally posted by redblackvans:
alright, but does that mean i have no heater and you didn't answer my other question about if it will work with the Clifford headers.
An Offy intake works with Clifford headers.
Watch for clearance issues if flanges are a bit too big and not allowing intake and headers to lay flat against head.
I can't say about the heat plate though, as I've always used the water heated plate between carb and intake.

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
F
Contributor
Contributor
F
I have a langdons plate I was going to put on an offy,,,it is basically almost the same shape as the exuast flange, just a slight angle from the center bolt to the two rearward flanges,, the plate is 3/8" thick alum,, it goes in-line with your heater so it is retained,,, I had this placed with langdons splits,, so I would gather headers might leave more clearance,,, Langdons web sight or catalog shows a good picture,,, Hope this helps,, c-ya

G
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
G
No, it doesn't mean you can't run a heater. You run one heater hose from engine to manifold plate, then from the manifold plate over to the heater.

I.I. #3174
R
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
R
specifically you can plump the water from your thermostat which will run out to the heat plate and back into you heater hose that runs back into
your water pump.

The challenging part is to find the right T fittings and adapters for all hoses. Motormite sells quie a fet T fittings for heater hoses.
Also make sure to keep the hoses clear of your exhaust manifold.

I just did this on my 235 and it definitely heats the intake...I think a little too much, but haven't given it much of a road test yet though.

D
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
I welded a 1" square aluminum to the bottom of my Clifford Aluminum manifold with fittings in both ends that work very well to heat the manifold.
Desert Dove

R
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
thanks guys i think i will finally get the Offy with the heater plate and the Holley 390

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 533 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available