Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

[This message has been edited by LeeLites (edited 08-07-2003).]

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If they are flowing better then 240 cfm Then at what cfm did they flow. /What valve sizes ? what cam lifts? Lets see some Numbers. You said you did 16 different test & combination.
Also it is to my understanding That flow bench number can vary from one machine to another as well as from one altitude to another. So How much difference over that 240 cfm Show/Tell us.

I do have one other question for you. You said you would share SOME of the Facts as you word it. Why Not Share all of these facts. You have my email send them to me Or Post here. I'm sure everyone would like to see what you have found out.

Ps Hey how is that Truck your building coming along?
}[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Hey thats cool Have a Safe Trip. A.100 lift good start sounds kinda Funny ) .100 My Daughters Jr. Dragster has more lift then That I'm sure LOL
Hey did you get a chance To ask Clyde What I had ask you to ask him About The 5/8-3/4 on the lumps If not, That wasn't a big deal just was woundering I could always give him a call just to get his opion on it. Thanks
}[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Hello Leelites...
From reading your posts here I'd like to know on what Drop Pressure had been tested these heads ? I want let you also know that I 'm developing some Lump Port Chevy heads down here in my Country, either Bolt-in Lumps (cast iron) or Weld-in Lumps (brazed-in), but they are a different lump shape.I agree with Twisted6, so the flow numbers between two Flow Bench Machines might show different results! As for to send you an email, I'm still waiting your reply concerning an email I sent you last week ! Just let me know about your lump Port Heads.
Thank you,
MALDONADO
Brasil - S. America

engineracing@uol.com.brted@prime-web.com/engineracing@uol.com.br
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
What do you mean by a different shape?? I have seen from PES 3/8 up to 5/8 3/4 tall. I just finished with the ones i was making at 5/8s fits nice even into a stock port(non ported head)}[oooooo]
I made them out of 6061 Alum.

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Hi Twisted6...Larry !
In time...Sorry for the hard words,I was upset in that time, so hard feels had gone !As for the Lump Ports have a different shape, just take a look between Kirby's lump port shape ( brazed-in ) and the PES ones ( aluminum bolt-in ). The Kirby lump starts in the intake port floor, but PES starts as a constant height (5/8, 3/4 tall...etc)in the intake port floor showing a smaller intake port crosswise section area with purpose to enhance the air fresh mixture velocity ! Hope you figured out my statement...!
Thank you,
MALDONADO
Brasil - S/A

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is ok. When i lost your info I should have gotten back to you one way or another and I didn't but I did send you a Email telling you that I was sorry fo rnot getting back to you. Ijust hoped that you did get it.
}[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
Twisted6...Larry!
Sure, I did get an email sent by you. By the way, from reading that, you' ve had mentioned you knew that a Cam Grinder Company up there is making a Billet Roller cam for me, therefore I'd like to know how did you get this info ? It's true but I have no idea of the guy which spoke to you that...just let me know !
Thank you,
MALDONADO
Brasil - S/A

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Well I don't miss much & See a lot of things. But bottom line to your Question
is I know the guy personaly that you bought the cam from. So yes Thats how i knew where it went. }[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello....

P
Newcomer
Newcomer
P
Are you planning on bullding any more heads? I would be very interested in talking to you about your suggestions for good streetable mods to a head that will boost power.
Thanks!

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
Thanks for the info Lee! 1.94 looks good too. Wonder if some one could work out some rough cost on these mods. As an example the 1.72 lump port vs 1.94 stock ,minor work done.

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Lee
in the book it states the best bolt in lump flows in the (AREA) of 240 so the numbers you have are not far off.Again differences in numbers could be machines or altitude.But still very close. As for the rest of the numbers in the book it only shows (stock) 172 The rest of the numbers are 194 & 160 Lumped and Non Lump port and has the Intake & exhaust Port Volume along with Flow.
I can scan that page and send it to you if you'd like. and it also likes as if these test where with cams of .600 .700 .800 lifts.

So with you doing some of the test at 500-550 this is a good thing for most Hot street set ups. Because Most cams after that 550 mark become Mech. cams,-- Not Hyd.
which for the Street for most Guys that's the best way to go.

Hey Lee did you also flow that one head that you where telling me about? And did it flow like you where told it would? }[oooooo]

Ps I will be the first to say so far so good.

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The 202 is the head you had told me about?
Next question what where the other heads? I know you said the 202 was a 194 head.
What do you need help with? someone to make them plates? If so Email me.

One other question did you countersink the bolt. If so how deep The one head i have They did it way to deep I think/Feel. It's so deep It is UNDER the bolt in lump thats how deep they went.But that doesn't matter that head is pretty much Toast anyway Thats the one the has a crack under the exhaust seat. I'm going back with my other head i had on a few yrs ago. I will open up the comb. chamber to get a few more CCs to bring the compression down to 13-1 I only countersunk the bolt enough to tapper the bolt in lump over it. }[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Lee
to post a picture here you need to find a place to host the picture
the use this "[img]picture address[/img]

Jason
http://home.wizard.org/twchevelle

[This message has been edited by jay116 (edited 07-04-2003).]

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yeah thats about all i did ,was cut the boss down to thepoint the bolt sat flat on teh floor the just a little more so the head of the bolt was just a little lower then the lump so i could shape the top of the bolt with the lump tapper.(on one side Face side nearest the intake opening) }[oooooo]

PS HAPPY 4th EVERYONE & BESAFE

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

[This message has been edited by Twisted6 (edited 07-04-2003).]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Send it to me, I will post it here.

Contributor
Contributor
You need to get a picture host first, I use photos.starblvd.net. It's free. Then, get the image up in a window and find its address, it will be something like joeblow.com/leelites/headbig.jpg

It needs to end in .jpg to display here. Then, use ubb code or html code to make it linky, html is
@img src="joeblow.com/leelites/headbig.jpg"#
replace the @ with a < and replace the # with a > and it will display the picture.

------------------
1950 Chevy pickup with '62 261, 4 speed.

[This message has been edited by 4onthefloor (edited 07-07-2003).]

1950 Chevy pickup with '62 261, 4 speed.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what ever happened to all this info? I wish someone would just get a dyno...tons of parts...tons of engine combos and post some real info.

L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I read somewhere about some very good cfm numbers with slight shaping of the boss and wondered what the most that can be squeezed out of the stock head with slight modifications? I am also curious about cfm changes with respect to increases in compression ratio as well as what the volumetric efficiency would be of certain modifications like intakes-headers-and mild porting. Ive actually plugged in some numbers for VE into a CFM calculator for carb flow and got 300cfm at 3000rpms for a 292 at 85%VE but am not quite sure what the VE for a mildly worked 292 would be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Lee- one more question that i had was have you had your rotating assemby dynamically balanced in a 292? and if so...did you get a balance card that showed how far off the stock setup was? Do you know what GM's tolerances were for the 292cranks and pistons in terms of weights/grams/etc? It seems like having a dymamic balancing would be the best $150 anyone could spend on the rotating assembly if you wanting to take these into the higher rpm ranges.

L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Hey Lee
what happened to the pictures and the other info you said that you had? }[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello....

L
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
L
hello...

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
As some people have stated here many times and saying that there sorry for asking dumb Question. Or that maybe there affraid to ask Question and they just look listen/read what everyone has to say. And try to learn what they can with out having to ask.
WELL first Off this is to all There IS NEVER and dumb Question if you don't Know.And Some times You may never know If you don't ask. So don't feel that you may or may not be asking a silly/dumb question But cause there isn't realy a dumb Question If you don't know. So please Ask. Now for my sec. vent

LEE this isn't to bash or anything on that Line But I'm not the only one with this opion. If you have all this info & history That You want to share Put It up or shut up.
SO If there is info to be shared well share it Not everyone is willing to ask questions as you well know You have spent time in the chat room & this board and you see that not everyone will ask questions But sit Quitely To see what they can learn and Hope that their Questions may get answered Especialy those that are new to the board Or chat.

So again I say There is Never a dumb Question. So now that i have stepped a thin line on my 2 cent/vent I'm willing to walk that line once again This time Because I deal it straight up and many here on this board know this. When I said my Email is listed and I would only replay Or make Replays Only via email Is not fair to everyone here who may not want there Email posted. SO Yeah I'm back so put up or shut Up My voice for myself and many others.

I Thank You guys who have been following me on this Board for many yrs. and Letting me know this Either in person Or via Emails.

Keep the Questions comming }[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

[This message has been edited by Twisted6 (edited 08-07-2003).]

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available