Print Thread
Rate Thread
#43553 09/13/08 01:59 AM
W
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
W
I have a '64 Nova wagon with a (for now) 3 speed manual trans and the 194 motor. UPS just dropped off a brand new CPP mini subframe kit complete with upper and lower tubular control arms, which I'm planning on installing in the real near future...like beginning in a couple of weeks or so. I'm going to take pictures and post how things are going (as soon as I figure out how to post pictures), and what problems, if any, that I run into during the installation. So if any of you other Nova guys are interested, stay tuned for further developments. And if this works out fairly well, I might do an article for the 12 Port News.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I just read CPP's tech article on that kit. Looks pretty slick and appears to bolt right on! Let us know how it turns out...handling...stability...etc. COOL!!!

Breach and Clear
Contributor
Contributor
I am real interested as well. Real World time it takes to install and what goes wrong. What did it cost if you dont mind?

James Kuenzi
Mid Missouri
64 Dodge Dart GT Convertible
225 /6 w 5speed
B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
Zeke and all,

The February 2007 issue of Nova Times has an article on the installation of the CPP kit. They did not find any problems other than drilling out the rivets for the strut mounts.Appears to be very straight forward. Of course they sell the kits, so they may be trying to make it look easy.

Inliner #1916
W
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
W
James,
I'm planning on covering all the details and posting them here as I get into the installation. And I don't mind sharing the cost at all. I got the 6267TCA-ULK(S) kit, which includes both the upper and lower control arms in the silver finish (they also come in black), bushings, and subframe plate. It cost $689, which I thought was pretty reasonable. When the kit arrived in Boise, the uppper control arms were back ordered, but they showed up a few days later. The one thing I wasn't too thrilled about was the extra $20 CPP charged me for shipping the back order, but other than that, they were real good to do business with.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
The CPP kit is a great kit, I just wish they would have come out a year or two sooner. I know a few people that have them and are real impressed with them. Getting rid of the crappy strut rods is one of the best upgrades you can to to one of our early Chevy II's. I made a heim joint strut rod set up shortly before this kit came out. CPP has three different kit's two for some rack and pinion conversions and one for the stock steering. I'm sure you will be impressed with the improvement this kit will make, I know I'm impressed with what I have, good luck, cant wait to see the install writ up.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available