Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#45159 11/16/08 06:55 PM
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
I really like Pappy's supercharged Inline 6!

(jlgrooms)

http://rides.webshots.com/album/551417709MbbrwV?vhost=rides&start=84 )

I would like to Supercharge my 250 but I do not have his fabrication skills.
My thoughts have been on a Weiand 142 blower with an adaptor machined to fit my Clifford manifold and Run a 600 CFM Edelbrock and Clifford headers.
I'm thinking I could get away with about 4 or 5lbs of max boost with my stock pistons. This would in my 74 Nova, mostly a weekend cruiser.
Then I saw this blower for an SVT Lighting on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170278845201

Maybe I could have a couple of adapters machined to mate this to the manifold and carb (2 barrel holley maybe?) and work out the spacing on the pulleys.
I've seen the supercharger manifold offered by Larrowe and Sons but I already have the Clifford.

What do you think?

Chris
74 Nova 250 TH350 Daily Driver
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I see no reason why plates couldn't be made to mount it to a clifford. Depending what the bottom looks like. The Carb would be the easy part.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Hey 74, go for it!
Your biggest problem will be aligning the pulleys. The snout on the SVT appears to be even shorter than the M90 I have. With the Clifford manifold, you are pretty much locked in to where the 'charger will sit. I mean, unless the adaptor is several inches high, the 'charger will have to be pretty close to centered over the original carb opening. On my intake the 'charger opening is almost dead center between the front two intake ports in the head. That don't sound good, but with a large plenum it works!
BUT, you still have other options. Aftermarket companies sell longer snouts for these 'chargers. ($mucho$)
Or, you can add a jackshaft (build your own with a couple of pulleys & pillow blocks). This also simplifies drive ratio experimenting, cause the pulley on the'charger ain't easy to change. I know this sounds ugly, but you could probably mount it lower than the 'charger where it wouldn't be so noticeable.
Let me know how I can help!
And don't give up.
I promise you will love it when you get it going.

I
Contributor
Contributor
I
do a search for larrowe and son, they offer an intake manifold for a roots blower for you inline six.

if you would be open to a turbo, give greybeard a PM.

he has a slick setup for sale that would work awesome, and imo, hes asking the right price. we woulda went with it but decided to go v8.

Last edited by inline300; 11/17/08 11:34 AM.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Larrowe and Sons- http://www.34-chevy.com/ \:\)

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Any you guys actually using one of these Larrowe manifolds?
I see it says 2-piece, is the top universal, do you have to make your own supercharger adaptor, or what? What about pulley alignment? I would like to hear from anyone who is/has used this. It may be a good solution.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Call them up & find out what length blower snout you need w/there blower manifold,maybe they have a supercharger there for sale???
IIRC the bolt pattern is for the B&M or Weiand blowers which is a GMC 471 or something like that.

B&M made different length nose shafts so it could line right up.
B&M does not make those blowers anymore?

Edelbrock makes a more efficient blower now.

Years ago I taked to Mel Petterson of Socal,he had a 66 red Nova w/a 292 Clifford intake custom adapter plate & a B&M 144 CI blower. He ran about 12 PSI IIRC?
It was not that fast,ran a 5 speed manual & was in Car Craft magazine for a street car shootout.
I have the mag somewhere but he had prblems w/traction & ran high 13's or low 14's salom (SP) course was horrible as those Novas were not great cars in that catagory. Only car worse in the salom (SP) was a 1955 Chevy prostreet car I wonder why ;-)

I'd,give Larrowe a call to find out more info.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
this is the same blower that i mounted to my chrysler 265 hemi,but i mounted it on the opposite side(to the intake)and blow through duel propane carbs(propane-105 octane-is 1/2 the price of petrol(gas)in OZ and avalible at around 70% of gas stations)makes around 10lb's of boost and is really a blast when the pedel hits the metal!!

all fabricated in my garage workshop

propane induction

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Impressive looking setup, mate!
That's what i'm talking about- home-made!
This is MY KINDA STUFF!!
(but your steering gear seems to be on the wrong side)

Last edited by jlgrooms; 11/20/08 11:09 PM.
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
buickroadster,
Have you raced it @ a track?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Buick Roadster, that's a beuaty. Even better that's it's home fabbed. Like the dual filters too.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
not raced as yet(the intrest really isn't there for racing!)i'm more into long distance touring.i average around 8000-10000km per year doing the annual road trip to interstate rod runs,but when at the runs ,i always go into the driving events.one day ,when the hot rod drags are on,i might give the buick a blast.i would really love to'salt flat'her though.winding the buick right up to top speed(have done 250kph-one lonely night way out in the country-in my young and silly days!)is really my racing thing!

Last edited by buickroadster; 11/21/08 04:35 PM.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available