Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Does anyone still have the pictures saved that shows the remote reservoir power steering pump? And does anyone still have pictures saved of the SBC harmonic dampener that was grooved for our inlines? I'm back at getting an older 250 in my 82 truck so I wanted to use the remote reservoir pump and use a 8" dampener and have it grooved for belts. I just couldn't bring myself to using the 4.3L V6 in it. I'm still going to use the TBI on the 250.

Thanks in advance
Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Looking forward to seeing that TBI Randy, I'd also like to see that remote PS too, that would be interesting.

76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Thomas:
If I can get my little Blazer sold I can come get one of your engines and get started. If you know of someone that wants a 4.3L V6 and some extra parts for it let me know. I have stuff to convert back to the roller cam and a high torque roller cam. I have lifters and all the retaining hardware. I also have a Holley marine TBI intake too. I was going to use this engine in my truck but, just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Funny I have the same model Blazer (Jimmy) that I drive to work and back, it has 275k on it too, it has lasted a good long time. The tranny is starting to worry me and I can't bring myself to do any work on it, so I am getting my 71 prepped to be my daily driver. I am putting new ads up for alot of my stuff as I need the $$$ for Christmas too, once my truck is running I might be able to deliver that engine to you if I can find an excuse to take my girlfriend for a road trip!

Last edited by thomas; 12/14/08 06:33 PM.

76 Chevy Stepside with a '68 230ci
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
I still need someone to find the pictures of the remote reservoir pump / Alternator mount so I can fab one for my truck. I guess I can use the article on the WebRodder site.(Sixpack to go) Doc made one similar to the one I was thinking of. If someone does come up with the pic of the 250 on a stand at one of the Inliners Local get togethers PLEASE sent it to me via email.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Randy, Were the pictures you saw on this site? If they were they should still be around. In theory we can search and find those old posts. In reality I can't make it work. If it was more than a week ago good luck! Beater

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Yea, Sam Welch was the one with the mount and the Beautiful 250 with this set up. I now have the pictures of this and his whole engine. If he will allow I can post these pictures for others to check out. Thanks guy's.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Randy, please do post. That is a 292 by the way. Bored .030 over so I call it (tongue in cheek) my 296 Studebaker engine as it is going into my '38 Stude and Studebaker used the 194 and 230 engines from this series in their last year and a half of production in Canada. The gasket set said "for GM products and Studebaker" which gave me the idea. I put the Studebaker name on the valve cover and the S in a circle Studebaker emblem on the intake manifold ends where the Offy emblem was. Must admit I had to look Venus up on a map. Sam

'38 Stude/292
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Sam, sounds neat on the logos and emblems, any pictures?

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Erik, I do have photos. I'll see if I can get them posted. I worked out of ANC in '71 and '72 for the Weather Service and then settled in Kodiak until '85. Sure loved Alaska! I spent time in Yakutat, Cold Bay, Unilakleet, Kotzebue, Barrow, Summit, Shemya and Chandalar Lake. It fulfilled a long time dream.

Sam

'38 Stude/292
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Well lets see if I can post the pictures Sam sent to me. Here are some thumb nail pic's to click and open.
[img][/img]
[img]

[img][/img]
Thank you Sam for sharing your wonderful and beautiful engine with us.

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Now here are two pic's of Sam's Alternator and Power Steering pump mounting bracket.
[img][/img]

Thanks again Sam!

Randy S. Hager
Venus, TX

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Sam nice pics, sounds like you were at all the 'garden spots'.

Shemya huh, still cancer free I hope.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Erik, the danger period as I remember was a bit before my time. I haven't thought of that for many years...and yes I am in good health, especially for an old man. S

Randy, thanks again for posting the photos. S

'38 Stude/292

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available