Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
N
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
N
These aren't mine, in another thread, Ron Golden mentioned he wanted pictures poseted of the engine that was being discussed in the other thread.

So here are what I have handy.

The HAMB Gas Rail (aka HA/GR) in question.

MMMMM pretty. \:\)

Now some technical pics, I can't seem to find the rod pictures but the new oil pump / distributor drive was discussed too so here it is.

Definetly one way to get around a cam sans distributor gear drive teeth. Tidy one at that.

I'll post more when I get them.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is one slick machine! I like the paint - it looks period correct for a 50's digger. Good luck and have fun.

Maybe I'm turning into a conservative crotchetty old man or maybe it's because I've met a concrete guardrail intimately at speed and survived but I looked into building a HA/GR and decided that I personally would not feel comfortable any more without all the protection built into modern NHRA spec altereds. But I respect others who want to try it.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
R
Contributor
Contributor
R
Erik,

Thanks for posting the pictures for me. When it comes to computers, all help is appreciated.

Frenchy:
I agree with your comments regarding safety. We plan to upgrade the roll bar before the car runs again. It will be a double loop NHRA style with lots of support. By the way, the paint was applied by 2 of the partners on the car, Dwight McGowan and Tim McLaughton. It's actually Rustoleum rattlecan. Just goes to show that you don't have to have the most expensive equipment to end up with a nice finished product. They don't let me paint!

Ron

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
There is a lot to be said for safety. I remember Texas drag Racing in the '50s. But it was a lot more fun before before rules out weighed the racing! Ron, nice job!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
...it was a lot more fun before before rules out weighed the racing...

Maybe not that much fun for those that did not live through survivable crashes.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Thats the part to be said for safety! But I've yet to see any group of rule makers who didn't make at least some rules just to protect their own, from the school playground to the UN!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available