Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
E
Gentlemen,

I am getting ready to to pull my 250 engine and T-5 tranny from my Chevy C10 and put (hopefully) a fully assembled 250 and tranny back in. Can you tell where to attached the chain ends to the assembly so that I can safely and efficiently do this? Photos would be cool.
Thanks.
Ken

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
What you could try is to pull one of the head bolts out and take it to a local hardware store and see if you can find a ring bolt with the same diameter, thread pitch, and length as the head bolt. Then buy two of them and replace the head bolt you removed with a ring bolt and put the other ring bolt at the other end of the engine on the opposite side. In other words, you should have a ring bolt at the right front corner and left rear corner of the head (or vice versa, doesn't really matter)in place of 2 of the head bolts. Then hook up your chain or cable to the ring bolts and you're all set. That should keep the engine from tilting when you pull it, and you just put the head bolts back in and retorque them after the new motor is in place. But make sure that you get the ring bolts that are solid, not the type that have a gap in the ring at the end of the loop. I've also seen chains with a kind of spoon shaped hunk of metal attached at each end with a hole drilled in it that you put the head bolt through and fasten it down. Those are kind of a specialty item, but are probably available any place you could rent an engine hoist. Either one works real well for lifting an inline engine.

Formerly known as 64NovaWagon.
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Now that's a slick idea I have never heard of.

Thanks.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available