Rate Thread
#46523 01/01/09 08:36 PM
C
cwoerth Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
it's been "done" since September, sorry it's taken me so long to get around to posting. here's the main link, there are others within it, to videos and such.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238372

I now have a clear blueprint for what needs to be done to achieve my horsepower goal, check this out--

http://www.tractorsport.com/cgi-bin/foru...act=ST;f=23;t=5

so, for now, I am working on a flowbench, and my backyard aluminum foundry.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That really sounds good. I'll keep you in mind when I start on the 413 ! \:D

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
C
cwoerth Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
That really sounds good. I'll keep you in mind when I start on the 413 ! \:D

I was just trying to reply to your thread, to tell you that if you can get me all the specs on the 413, I'll plug it into Pipemax and play with it, to see what the thing would theoretically want, and be capable of.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Sounds like fun I'll get some ##s for you!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
X
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
X
Tried looking at the flowbench link, and it sez we have to Log On. Tried to and it is not accepting registrations. What up with that? I too have a 230 I'm setting up with dual carbs and find your information fascinating.

Last edited by Xea I.I. #5390; 01/02/09 02:54 PM.

Faster, faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death........
C
cwoerth Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
the flowbench forum had issues with spammers and bots, so you have to email the admin. (Bruce)to get the info to sign up.

The reason I posted that link was to show the screen captures of Pipemax that another member did for me. I have since bought Pipemax- it is an INCREDIBLE tool for high performance engine junkies. I'm trying now to figure out how to post those screen captures. For samples go to http://www.maxracesoftware.com

B
Newcomer
Newcomer
B
 Originally Posted By: Xea I.I. #5390
Tried looking at the flowbench link, and it sez we have to Log On. Tried to and it is not accepting registrations. What up with that?

Just shoot me an email or PM and I'll get you registered. I was tired of fighting with the "non-humans" trying to register on my forum and made it manual registration only.

I've actually been a member here on this forum but have yet to make a post. If I recall there was a previous forum here and I posted on that one.

My flowbench work is mostly on single cylinder flatheads and I developed my flowbench addiction for that purpose. It has grown to so much more over the past few years though . . .

C
cwoerth Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
Bruce! thanks for chiming in here. I'll be hitting you up when my PTS bench is built, for help and advice on hooking up my flathead six.

B
Newcomer
Newcomer
B
You will have to make a bore adapter and run a hose from it to hook to the top of the bench. I use a bore adapter on my singles but they fit on top of the bench so no hose is required. I've done some testing with a clear head and that has been interesting to say the least!

Give me a shout here or over on my forum and I'll help you get flowing.

X
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
X
cworth, talk about coincidence..... I am playing with a 1958 Plymouth Suburban 230 Cu inch L6 and I too have a home "backyard" foundry. I'd love to see more dyno runs on you tube when you are ready. I'm in the middle of setting up dual carbs on mine now.

Here is my header.

Bulit by a guy that comes aroud here upon occasion called Moose.
Keep the kewl info coming!

Faster, faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death........
C
cwoerth Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
I started the foundry last year, got side tracked and didn't get anything made but some ingots. (muffin tins SUCK!!!)I hope to finish the new ingot tray and make some more ingots this week. Then I need to finish my temporary flasks, and make patterns for permanent ones.

my goal is to have a 200(+) h.p. "short" flathead six with all my own parts.

I got a Moose setup second hand, had it here for awhile, sold it to help fund this engine build.

what head are you running?

X
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
X
A stocker shaved .100 is what I just bolted on. I haven't had the long green for an Edgy yet. Love to find one used, but they are scarce

I made my Ingot deals up out of 8" lengths of 2" x 2" angle Iron. I'll get some pictures for you here in the next couple days. After cooling my ingots are 8" x 4" x 2". I bought my foundry stuff at auction for $100.00 from the local high school before it was torn down and got the furnace, a big flask and a little flask. I bought 90 lbs of petrobond and am still not a great pattern maker.

Last edited by Xea I.I. #5390; 01/07/09 10:48 AM.

R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
I'm also very interested in these projects... good to know someone else in the world is going to stick a block on a flowbench!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 420 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available