Rate Thread
#48850 03/25/09 09:48 AM
D
DougE Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Can anyone suggest what the value of our '38 Dodge 2T truck project may be worth? The cab is a complete vintage piece with all parts that has been lengthened 21", and has a new floor and firewall. It sits on a complete rolling '82 Chevy 1T dually chassis with good rubber. (I drove the donor chassis from Colorado to Oklahoma prior to disassembly, so know that all brakes, suspension, steering, and so on are in good shape.)

I intend to keep the drivetrain from this chassis to transfer into my Chevy pick-up and so will be selling just the cab/chassis combination. I've put a lot of work into this project that is of course non-recoverable, and so would prefer to sell to a truck enthusiast. The lengthened cab sits nicely on the lower late model chassis, and looks good with a nice stance.

C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
Butchered projects are a dime a dozen.

Charlie Hardin
II #5039
D
DougE Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
D
Gee; that's harsh. Good thing the project was only intended for those people with imagination.

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
When you can find someone who shares your vision for what you have done with this cab and chassis, and is ready to pursue it to completion, then perhaps you can establish what that person is willing to pay for what you have done.

There is no way to establish an "objective" value for this kind of project. You will know how much money and time you have in it. Someone may be willing to pay for something for it. "It's worth what one will give and the other will take," and when those two figures come together, that will be its "value."

Someone may think that it's just the kind of thing they want. Someone else may want nothing to do with it. i daresay that there's no "middle ground."

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
And, both responses have value.

The price that a complete stranger will pay for something that doesn't interest him is somewhere between nothing and $100.

The price that someone contemplating a very similar project, and glad to get any running start on it, may exceed your total investment.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
No one should understand that better than an Inliner!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If that's the one in the classifieds it is an interesting looking truck. Proportion looks right and if the work is quality it's worth something!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Try posting it in the classified section at http://www.jalopyjournal.com and see if you get any takers ?

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 132 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available