Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
hey guys the weather down here in georgia is gettin a lil colder and my lil 235 is hating the cool mornings,idling crappy,poppin and bangin and basically jsut acting like what she is,a cranky ole lady that doesnt wanna get outtah bed. I was considering using some header wrap on the intake,and exhaust to try and trap more heat in,because its only goin to get colder around here,anyone had similar problems? Oh btw way yes i have checked the exahust heat valve,min its toast,i had to force it partially open and thats about where it sits now..

M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
hehe my 250 has been having similar problems im up in nova scotia, mine has its days some days its sits and idles great in the morning and other days you just wanna kick it. so yeah any answers to his question would be a great help to me to

E
Contributor
Contributor
E
Any local auto parts store should have block heaters.If not they can order one for you.You just plug the car in at night and it keeps your coolant warm.They make several different types.
EvilDr235

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
Sounds to me like the choke needs to be adjusted if it's an automatic choke or if it is a manual one you need to leave it on a little longer. Also do you have a thermostat in it? These 235s will run fine all winter if they are set up right.

Gael

Gael
37 chevy sedan, 261,t5
57 pickup
58 burb
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Yea.

I was going to suggest the same thing Gael did.
Another thing you could check is the accelator pump/discharge nozel.

Good luck, John M......

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
well she still had the ole rocky single on it with a manual choke,and it works fine,she eventually gets warm,i even have a way to time how long it takes,i know that she has to idle for 2 ciggs before she is ready to go in the mornin,but thats a long time for her to sit idling isnt it? thats about 5-10 minuites and once it really gets cold here,i imagine it will take longer,jsut tryin to save a lil gas and a few ciggs i guess

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available