Rate Thread
#50551 06/13/09 05:09 PM
V
VStock Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
V
Does anyone here have any experience with a 1982 Chevy Camaro 151 4 cylinder? Does this engine have any relationship with the older Chevy II 4-banger?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
i bet that engine is a relative of the pontiac 151. still uses the same bolt pattern for the head as a chevy II 4 cyl. isn't the bell housing the small s-10 size? tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Wasn't that the engine referred to as the " Iron Duke " ? I had a 1980 Pontiac Sunbird that had that engine w/ automatic .

V
VStock Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
V
I believe it is an "Iron Duke". I never really paid attention to them, but we are looking at an 82 Camaro for my wife and it has one in it with an automatic. I was hoping that someone could tell me about their experience, good or bad.

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
None in rear wheel drive, but my grandmother used to have a front drive Buick that had the 'Iron Duke' in it and she liked it fine, just kept running; with typical preventative maintenance (regular oil & filter changes W/ the occasional tune up).

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
V
VStock Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
V
Well, we didn't get the Camaro. It's a funny/weird story. I saw it listed on craigslist and called the guy on Saturday. He said it needed floorboards but ran fine. I asked about coming down and looking at it Sunday, he said if I only wanted to make one trip to wait until Monday so he could get the title in his name. I took my wife to breakfast and called him as we were finishing, He had given me the address on Saturday, it was about 2 hours away. I wanted to make sure he hadn't sold it before we drove down there. We drove to the address he had given me - no sign of a Camaro. I called when we were about fifteen minutes away, he said he was at the Secretary of State office. I tried calling him but got his voice mail. He called back about ten minutes later and said when he got back from the Secretary of State the car was gone. I said to call me back when he found out what happened. He called about an hour later and said the apartment manager had the Camaro towed away. He wanted me to meet him at the apartment and follow him to where the car was impounded. I chose not to do that.
I guess I'll never know what really happened.

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Sounds like the squirrels were out thick.

Probably the wisest choice.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
My neice bought one new and she owned the worlds slowest camaro, but it was dependable.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 336 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available