Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rebecca Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
I am converting my 1936 plymouth (with 230) which is currently set up with the stock throttle actuator rod across the firewall. The linkage for the carburetor is on the outside of the carburetors (away from the engine). The later cars had a belcrank in the middle of the head (pulls in the opposite direction). I am collecting ideas for now to setup my Fenton dual intake (carter B+B carbs) using the same throttle actuator that I have now. This is how it looked orignally: http://www.pangalacticconsortium.com/cars/Plymouth/imgpages/image099.html

I have since replaced the manifolds (surprisingly I could not find a pic) but it looks pretty much the same now but all new.
Thanks,

Rebecca

1936 Plymouth coupe
1950 Buick Super Rivera
1962 MGA MK II roadster
(1958 Desoto Firesweep)
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
1:1. Cable actuated. That's a beautiful coupe you have there.

Last edited by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER; 02/01/10 10:17 AM.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
Rebecca Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
Thanks. I am trying to keep the stock throttle actuator rod that goes across the firewall and ends up to the right of the manifolds.
Rebecca

1936 Plymouth coupe
1950 Buick Super Rivera
1962 MGA MK II roadster
(1958 Desoto Firesweep)
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
You might have a conversation with Tom Langdon (listed under the "12-Port Advertisers" link). He is familiar with your setup and i think that he could help make up a linkage that would meet your needs. On Tom's website you can see pictures of (his brother-in-law) Elmer Stange's Dodge pickup with a Chrysler flathead and truck dual manifold.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

Contributor
Contributor
 Originally Posted By: don 1450
You might have a conversation with Tom Langdon (listed under the "12-Port Advertisers" link). He is familiar with your setup and i think that he could help make up a linkage that would meet your needs. On Tom's website you can see pictures of (his brother-in-law) Elmer Stange's Dodge pickup with a Chrysler flathead and truck dual manifold.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

The Langdon's are on vacation until the 28th, per their recording. I've tried to buy parts, and have to wait until they return.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 216 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available