Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#56901 04/17/10 12:30 PM
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Hi i am new to inliners and i love the fact that there is a group that loves inlines! At first i was thinking of switching out my 235 for a 327 because that i what i had in my high school car, but after seeing this group i have changed my mind, which i thank you very much for! So i was suprised how powerful my 235 was and was looking for some hints and pointers on how to beef up the motor and make it better, basicly what is a good set up for this motor. I want to take care of it before it gives out. And if their are any good shops around where i live that anyone could recomend for me, i live in Austin, TX. Thanks!

its a long road, but well worth it.
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
Welcome aboard!

Look on the left for the link to Chapters, there are at least a couple in Texas. I'm sure the folks would be glad to help you.

There will be others along to help you with the 235.

Larry

Last edited by LGriffin_#4385; 04/17/10 12:59 PM.

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Join II and go to their national meet in San Antonio in June. Great opportunity to meet great people and talk eye to eye about your engine!!

'38 Stude/292
R
Contributor
Contributor
R
Welcome to Inliners.

Give a lot of serious thought to what you want the engine to do before you start building. If you want a daily driver don't get too much compression, use a mild cam and run a small 4 barrel carb like the Edelbrock #1403 (500cfm) or the Holley #8007 (390cfm). Use a set of cast iron headers (Fenton). Have your gear ratio so you cruise about 2500-2700 rpm.

On the other hand if you want more power find a good engine builder that's built 235's and ask lots of questions.

Ron

S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Welcome! Great decision to keep the 235. Post some pictures of your 61 Biscayne.

65 GMC 910 Short Fleet 230/4-speed - Project
10 Mazda MX-5 - Track toy
15 Honda Civic Si - Daily
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Hey thanks for the info. I want to run dual exhaust and for the motor i cant really make up my mind, because yeah it is a daily driver but i would like a little more horse power as well to play with \:\) ill put up some pics of the car this weekend, and once again thanks for the info!

its a long road, but well worth it.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 336 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available