Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
when $ allows, I plan on getting the 194 head rebuild. The head on the 292 is just the stock 292 head.

Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
 Originally Posted By: 63ChevyII
I'm back to working on this again. It looks like the 194 will be pulled out of the nova around April 11, so if I want to drive, I'll have to complete the 292 conversion.

Would you want to sell that no good, bad performing 194 cyl head to The kid ,snowman4839,looking for a cyl head on the BB here?

MBHD

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I finished up the oil pan and installed it this weekend. I will hopefully be placing the engine in the engine bay this week.

I will post more details later, but there is a finished pic of the oil pan in this gallery: 04.13.10 - 04.18.10~ Progress pics

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I didn't notch my oil pan nearly enough. It looks great if the wheels are pointing straight ahead, but when I turn the wheel, you can see the engine moving up and down(engine is bolted to mounts, but mounts aren't bolted to the frame).

I took a hammer and piece of round stock to it yesterday, beat the heck out of it and it is still rubbing. I'm also thinking there's not way I'll be able to change oil because the nut in the oil pan will hit the drag link. I'm thinking I'll have to move the part of the pan that is rubbing a inch or so back so that I can change oil and it won't rub when I turn the wheel.

Now, I'm just wondering if I should drill the block for the 194 pan/dipstick, rather than modifying the 250 one. Or maybe put the dipstick on the outside of the block and into the pan, which I think would be the easiest. I'm afraid of drilling the block.

Anyone have any input?

Last edited by 63ChevyII; 04/26/10 03:16 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available