Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
Boucher Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
After a long 6 months of parts gathering, educating, learning about all of the individual systems. I finally got it all put together and actually boosting. This is my first attempt at boosting and was a VERY fun one to tackle. I fabbed all of the up-pipes, down-pipes and charge pipe. The clearance margins are really tight coming in and going out. I ran 2.5" straight pipes and dump right before the rear axle. I did the hanger18 mod to a holley 2300- 350cfm carb. and jetting it to 70. I modded a holley FPR to allow 1:1 boost reference the fuel system. I have the internal wastegate set at its minimum. My boost gauge reads 11 psi at its maximum. It runs well right now with no tuning. I will probably jet down to 68 and replace the plugs. I am very pleased with the results. It sounds like a jet engine out of the tailpipe when it spools up, so sweet!

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Good job! Seen your vid's on youtube. Your truck looks nice too. How much boost is it delivering with the settings as is? Do you have a wide band O2 sensor?

It is a 250 motor, correct? Tom

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

B
Boucher Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
Thanks tLowe. The most boost ive seen is 11psi. I do not have a wideband to get any readings. I know it would help with tuning. Im not trying to win any races w/ this truck, if you know what i mean. I will keep the boost under 15 psi

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available