Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
In an earlier post I mentioned maybe putting a 292 in my k-10 in place of my 250.I found the parts I want and want to know what you guys think I should offer the guy for them.He wrote me and told me to make him an offer that we both could live with.I am making an offer on a 292 six qt.oil pan,the oil pickup tube,both side covers,and the passenger side motor support all in good shape.Thanks in advance for any of you guys advice or input........I just want to make a fair offer...........Gerald

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'm selling/sold a 292 oil pan and timing cover to a guy for 75 bucks that was with shipping. so i would think a fair price of a
100.--125. plus or minus shipping hope this helps.}[oooooo]

------------------
NovaMan/Twisted6/Larry

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Hey SwampBuckRabbit,

I have all those parts spare. I bought them all after I built my 292. That's a wise thing you're doing.

The guy I bought the oil pan and side covers from had bead blasted everything. I think I paid about 50 bucks for all, including shipping. This was off Ebay.

I picked up 2 shorty passenger mount brackets. One I paid waaaaay too much (40 bucks) the other I snagged for only 10. That's the price you paid for impatience.

-magic mike-

S
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
S
Hey Magic Mike,Did you say you have these parts to spare?If you do I may buy them from you if you want to sell them.The guy I'm talking with now about the parts is in no real hurry to help me and I need them.If you want to sell the parts I will pay what you want for them plus the shipping.I need a six qt. oil pan for a 292,the oil pickup tube,both side covers,and the passenger side motor support.Thanks for your trouble.............Gerald

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Dude,

I'm sorry put the parts aren't for sale. I'm not being anal, I just like to have a backup spare of rare parts in good condition. These things aren't easy to come by.

Check the Stovebolt.com sites "Swap Meet" section. Post an ad in the "Parts Wanted" section. That's how I ended up with two (2) 292 right side brackets. I've always been able to find what I wanted by posting there. The site again is http://www.stovebolt.com ; and remember to go the "Swap Meet" section.

-magic mike-

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 458 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available