Rate Thread
#59950 08/22/10 02:55 PM
T
TPost Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
I have a 250 with a Offy intake. I just got 2 Carter/Weber carbs from Landgons. His directions say to mount them with the fuel inlets facing forward. Well, it would be ALOT easier to do my trottle linkage if they were mounted the other way with the inlets facing toward the rear of the car. Is their any reason I cant mount them this way? Thanks, Todd

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Just a guess, but maybe if you accelerate or decellerate too fast w/the inlets facing aft,there will be a problem w/fuel delivery?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
Check with Langdons.

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
I would guess the inlets wouldn't care since they see fue pump pressure anyway (unless it's a gravity-fed Model A Ford or such).

But, in the stock application (2-liter Pinto for example) the carbs are mounted as Langdon recommends. Then when you accelerate, fuel would slosh TOWARD the jets and boosters, just when that would be helpful, for initial response off the line.

If you mount the carbs backwards to that, fuel would slosh AWAY from the jets/boosters on acceleration, which might cause hesitation on launch.

Now, on the big dual-quad Holley Fords, the carbs are mounted "backwards" and this is not a problem, so you might get away with it on the Carter/Weber. Or not. Maybe Langdon has tried it both ways or maybe just playing it safe and advising to install them so the fuel sloshes toward the jets/boosters. Ask!

R
Contributor
Contributor
R
langdon used to sell carbs & manifolds with linkage kits of his design & manufacture. that is probably the biggest reason for his reccomending the carbs face in a certain direction. i'd ask him. i'm sure it's something he's thought out.

inliner # 3850

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available