Rate Thread
#607 07/22/03 04:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
71 Landcruiser wagon-292-decked-portnpolish-Clifford intake-small4bbl-Stovebolt headers.

My last exhaust was short on the stock engine and exited just in front of the rear tire/drivers side and drove me nuts. If i run a full length exhaust-should it be single or split? What diameter and length should i look to run out of the shorty headers to a collector if merged? any recommendations that i could take to the exhaust shop would be helpful.thanks in advance.

J
Contributor
Contributor
J
Those Landcruisers are kinda tight for muffler space and room over the rear diff, so you really ought to run a collector and single muffler and outlet pipe. A 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" collector-to-outlet should be great, with probably 2" from the headers to the collector. Those tubes can be as short as you want or can extend almost to the muffler. It's not a critical dimension for a setup like you've got.

Tell them to use the aluminized pipe if they have it instead of just the plain steel w/ zinc coating. It lasts a lot longer and looks better.

------------------
David
newbie #4153

David
newbie #4153
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kewl - thanks for the info! I think thats why the last guy ran it short last time.

C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
rogue, Did you put power steering on your 55? If Saginaw, what did you do for a bracket on your 292?

1960 FJ25, 1993 FZJ80, 2000 Trooper
1968 C10, 1972 C2500
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im probably going with fj60 power steering-its not in yet....going in with the engine-5speedtranny and fj60 axles all in one shot.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available