M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Well that seems to have left a mark OUCH.Good thing is they both got out safe and walked away.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Those boys will be SORE in the morning.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
How could that happen? It's just about going in a straight line for a few seconds. The faster you go the easier it is because you don't have to pay attention for as long. Both front wheels of the second car ended up side by side near the car. Not in the crowd. Imagine the results of that in '57. Glad they walked away.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 12/04/10 03:07 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
R
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
R
Why did the car not principally involved diverge from its path before being hit by the other car?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: Ray Bell
Why did the car not principally involved diverge from its path before being hit by the other car?

My2cent thought is just like the other guy Why didn't he get off the gas? When you know very well he had to feel the car losing traction. BEcause he/they thought they could handle it.????? Hummm??

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
I've seen similar crashes over the years, some worse and some better and most of the reasons for the bad crashes have been PANIC!! The more experience you have the better you are able to deal with the sudden surprises and have learned what to do to avoid or lessen the end result. Orginizations like NHRA and SCTA have been instrumental with their rules in testing and licensing drivers and cars to deal with the speeds and power to avoid this type of bad experience.

'45 Ford PU
66 Valiant wagon, leaning tower of power.
79 Chevy C10 w/250
02 PT Cruiser Convertable
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Hey, I'll stick up for PANIC on this one! He wasn't even in Puerto Rico when that wreck happened. He was posting here. Beater

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
It was my evil twin!

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
The one that lives in Oyster Bay??? Good to see you have a sense of humor. \:\)

Last edited by jalopy45 #4899; 12/08/10 01:57 AM. Reason: fut fingers

'45 Ford PU
66 Valiant wagon, leaning tower of power.
79 Chevy C10 w/250
02 PT Cruiser Convertable
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Most of us here can laugh. Some of us can laugh at ourselves and our evil twins. We need to view this as an exchange of ideas about an art form. If we stray too far into scientific analysis we start taking ourselves way too seriously and start reading too much into text colors and all caps. I doubt that 100 years from now anyone will give a rat's ass about anything posted here. I'll watch and let you know. \:o Beater

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It is nice that we always know what to expect from you. So we can be careful not to get it on our shoes. Over there people just talk about stuff and treat others with respect. Moderating is easy cause you are here. \:\) Beater

It;s cute how these guys pull their posts.

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 12/11/10 03:25 PM. Reason: Hanks pulled post

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Speaking of that, how do they do that?

I tried doing that a while back when I mistakenly posted something in the wrong thread and it left a marker that said I had deleted my post.

I re-edited it to read that I had posted in the wrong thread.

It's rare that I screw up that blatantly, it'd be kind of nice to be able to correct it in a manner that doesn't ugly up the thread.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
There is a certain amout of time to delete your post,if you wait too long,then you cannot.

I just get tired of all the snyed remarks, it's a waste of time to try & reason w/a hothead.So I just deleted it.As he should too. As he always starts on me.And I do not go cring to Tim about it.
He speaks when posts are not about him,guys here are big enough to speak for themselves if they like,dont need someone else butting in all the time.Quick to get mad & type w/out thinking.Like I said,useless. \:\)

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Odd, I had tried to delete it the same day, but it's been long enough ago it may have been on the old web host (settings were likely different then).

I dunno.

Thank you for the tip Hank. \:\)

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
I am not sure on the amount of time you have to change/edit/delete your posts,Tim knows this.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
There is a certain amout of time to delete your post,if you wait too long,then you cannot.

I just get tired of all the snyed remarks, it's a waste of time to try & reason w/a hothead.So I just deleted it.As he should too. As he always starts on me.And I do not go cring to Tim about it.
He speaks when posts are not about him,guys here are big enough to speak for themselves if they like,dont need someone else butting in all the time.Quick to get mad & type w/out thinking.Like I said,useless. \:\)

MBHD

You gotta' quote this guy or he'll delete your raw material. Sorry Tim.

Nex,If you have friends here they can remove it for you.

Hank, Where do you get all this anger crap about me? This hot head BS? You know nothing about me and you certainly have never been on the receiving end of my temper. You are simply a toy. It is fun to play with you because in a battle of wits you are defenseless. It amuses me to see how you react. It reminds me of 8th grade. You are just so much fun mess with I get carried away. And, by the way contrary to what you said in your now missing post, I am funny, especially with such a great straight man to work with. Thanks for your help. I get quite a bit of encouragement from others here too. To the rest I apologize. \:\) Beater
Count the faces by the time you get to the 10th one your anger will have gone away.

M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack

Hank, Where do you get all this anger crap about me? This hot head BS? You know nothing about me and you certainly have never been on the receiving end of my temper. You are simply a toy. It is fun to play with you because in a battle of wits you are defenseless. It amuses me to see how you react. It reminds me of 8th grade. You are just so much fun mess with I get carried away. And, by the way contrary to what you said in your now missing post, I am funny, especially with such a great straight man to work with. Thanks for your help. I get quite a bit of encouragement from others here too. To the rest I apologize. \:\) Beater
Count the faces by the time you get to the 10th one your anger will have gone away.

Maybe I am confusing you for another hot head.?

Glad you get ecouragement from us & make fun @ our expense. Great.

We all can see your so called humor,it's not there,you know when some people say they are funny & there not? Awkward silence.

Are you contributing to this BB in any way by offer any suggestions that people can actually use?
Whats going on w/your projects?

Have you ever built an engine?
Have you ever raced ,have you ever beat a V-8 w/a straight 6?
Ever been in a Turkish prison, do you like gadiator movies?
These are things we need to know.
Just drop it for a change & stop your crying.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
[/quote]
Maybe I am confusing you for another hot head.?

Glad you get ecouragement from us & make fun @ our expense. Great.

We all can see your so called humor,it's not there,you know when some people say they are funny & there not? Awkward silence.

Are you contributing to this BB in any way by offer any suggestions that people can actually use?
Whats going on w/your projects?

Have you ever built an engine?
Have you ever raced ,have you ever beat a V-8 w/a straight 6?
Ever been in a Turkish prison, do you like gadiator movies?
These are things we need to know.
Just drop it for a change & stop your crying.

MBHD [/quote]

Now that's what I'm talking about! \:D I've never seen a "gadiator movie". Do they have English subtitles? Are they shown in Turkish prisons? Does anyone have a tissue? Beater

M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Now that's what I'm talking about! \:D I've never seen a "gadiator movie". Do they have English subtitles? Are they shown in Turkish prisons? Does anyone have a tissue? Beater

Touché

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
How about a Christmas truce? There's plenty to keep busy at home this time of year with family and fun. Have a great Christmas Hank, enjoy those kids. They don't stay young long enough. Beater \:\)

M
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
M
Sure,
Also, Thanks & have a great X-Mass yourself.
I am enjoying the kids,3 & 5 years old,still a handfull though.

Just need the wife to have the same schedule as me ,then maybe I can do a bit more work in the garage. ;\)

12 port SDS EFI

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 358 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available