Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
A
Hi ALL!
O.k. so Im new and maybe I didn't look enough yet but here goes...
My project: I am going to build a megasquirt 3 efi multipoint system for my inline 250 then turbo it.

I have found numerous sources for parts, im going to use a spa exhaust manifold, ford edis coil pack and modules, I am having a custom crank trigger wheel made, will be using a 2002 chevy 5.3 throttle body. I will likely use a clifford 4 barrel intake to an edelbrock 90 degree throttle body adapter.

Here is where it gets interesting and I have some questions.

for the fuel rail setup I am thinking about using a Holden 202 red motor injection setup. I have seen a lot of Australian 202 parts, however I found the aluminum heads are in fact too short (bummer) I am curious about the multi part intakes the holdens use, has anyone here tried using them? Also I have some questions about 14 degree vs 20 degree timing gears... are they noisy? well thats enough for now.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Might want to get a cyl head from Brazil w/the 12 port head & intake manifold w/injectors.
Just a thought.

MBHD
Also, I think the Offy intake will work just fine when blowing thorugh it,the Clifford has a lot of volume to fill,possibly slower boost responce & might give better air distribution because of the squared off corners instead of the rounded ends as the Clifford causing most of the air being forced into the #1 & 6 cylinders. Just my thinking.

12 port SDS EFI
A
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
A
I havent seen the brazilian head, any idea who makes it? I have seen the sissell heads, but those are way out of my buget at 4k a piece.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
It's made by GM for Brazil.
Lotus designed the cyl head?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
It's made by GM for Brazil.
Lotus designed the cyl head?

MBHD

GM used to make them. These heads are hard to get down there also.

If doing multiport injection, consider this. Because of the siamesed ports MPI will not provide equal fuel distribution. I had to divide my ports with custom made plates. This made the MPI work much better.
I also used a 5.3 throttle body. Keep us posted with your progress.

Those gears will not be noisier.

Last edited by tlowe #1716; 01/23/11 01:20 PM.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Don't know how hard they are to get, Harry bought a brand new casting a few years ago.
His 12 port head actually flows less than his siamessed port did,but his car is making more power now it seems,equal fuel ditribution w/the Brazillian head.

Need to get in touch w/guys over there to try & locate one if interested.
apujethro,
what type of vehicle is this turbo 250 going into?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Its not that they are hard to get, its just hard to pay the price. The shipping alone is close to $300 bucks, and these heads are still pretty new down there and have a pretty high value still to them, being made from the mid-90's until the early 2000's. So expect to pay $350+ for a used casting. Thats the prices i've been quoted for a bare used head. I have shipped several heads to Brazil in the last week, so the shipping is the same both ways at around $300 bucks.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 162 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available