Rate Thread
#64821 05/18/11 12:31 PM
I
ianick Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
I
I have a 1963 fairlane 500 and will probably need a new gas tank for it. In my search for a new tank I have noticed that the options end in the late 50's model fairlanes and then pick up again in 1964. I thought a 64 gas tank that I located would work on my car but it was brought to my attention that these are indeed different than my 63 as the top of the 64 gas tank is the floor of the trunk. I believe the tank capactiy of mine is 16 gallon, but that is just a guess. I have never filled the tank that is on the car now (i think it's the original), so i don't know the exact compacity. I would like to just repair the tank I have but I am preparing for the fact that this may not be an option.

Thanks.

Nick.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Look at a '63 Falcon tank and measure it - it may be the same or close. They also had a floor / gas tank.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If it is not too far gone there is always POR 15:

Fuel System repair

This product is for the inside the tank - you can use the regular product on the outside. It takes practice to work with if you are worried about aesthetics. If you get it to thick it will wrinkle when it dries - no big deal for stuff underneath a driver . . .

The trick is timing the top coat. Top coat too early more wrinkles . . . You must top coat before it cures cause once it cures nothing thins it or sticks to to it . . .

regards,
stock49

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I had to have one made by the local fab shop. Cost $500 bucks. But it's perfect. No one re-pop's 1964 Falcon Ranchero tanks... several were bought and returned as none of them fit. Sorry for the bad news.

Humble Newby
I
ianick Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
I
Thanks to those that responded. I actually found two places that have the tank for sure and ended up ordering from one of them. Here are the links, enjoy!

http://www.autocityclassic.com/

http://www.autokrafters.com/v4/go.gnf?se...=default&d=home

This place seems promising and may be useful to some, they didn't have what I needed.

http://www.spectrapremium.com/home.html

Let me know.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Wow... you has my hopes up.... No Falcon Ranchero Tanks for 1964. Dang!

Humble Newby

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available