Print Thread
Rate Thread
#6531 02/13/05 02:31 AM
G
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
G
I was having problems with my float sticking. After realising my fuel filter wasn't "filtering" I replaced the bad filter with a new one. Since then I have had no problems with the float. It was running very rich though. Rich enough that using the choke didn't raise the rpm's at all. So I decided to take the carb apart and clean it out. After putting it all back together it runs better. No gas smell at the exhaust.
But.....
When I hit the accelerator it bogs a little before reving up. And when I give it the last 20% of accelerator while driving it bogs as well. I have less power to pull hills.
I didn't have much before.
Should I back the screw out a little more?
I backed it out until the idle reached it's max then 1 turn more.

#6532 02/13/05 03:46 AM
G
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
G
Actually I would love to replace this carb with one that would get me more hp. cheap

#6533 02/13/05 03:33 PM
M
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
M
It sounds like an accelerator pump problem. Things to look for are a missing check ball that might have gotten lost while the carb was apart for cleaning, worn accel pump piston - did you rebuild the carb with a kit or just clean it and reuse the same parts?, incorrectly adjusted accel pump linkage and / or pump plunger travel. The bog at the last end of travel could also be a restriction in the main jet fuel passage. Float level is also important to keep the carb bowl full.

Not fuel related but a big factor is to make sure your ignition settings and timing are correct.

Hope this helps you
Mike

Mike G #4355
#6534 02/13/05 08:05 PM
G
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
G
I rebuilt it with a kit. Not sure what the Check Ball looks like. I wouldn't be surprised if I dropped it though. It was one of those kind of days.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available