Rate Thread
#6535 02/14/05 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am posting this here as its most traveled, Please forgive me for going off topic.

7 years ago I was a complete loser alcoholic. I went through hell and back. I was constantly in trouble with alcohol related traffic issues.

Today (now Clean and sober 4-1/2 years) I am going to have an administrative hearing for my Drivers license reinstatement. I have come along ways from the person I used to be and Held onto my truck. I have met Really nice people within this forum and others helping me rework my 1964 chevy stepside to get it running properly again.
My truck and a motorcycle kept me busy while not being able to drive.

If you guy's can say a little prayer for me today for gods favor, I would appreciate it. I want to drive my truck again instead of just stare out the window at it wishing. This will also put me one step closer to being the sucess I have strived to be these last few years.

Thanks guy's,
Randy.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Don't know if the moderators and administrators will allow this post to hang around, but Randy - you have my prayers for sure! Email me if there's anything specific you want to pray about. Take care and God bless!

-magic mike-

H
Contributor
Contributor
H
All the best to you Randy, you are in our prayers.
You may just want to mention the support you've gotten from this great Club and this website. That's what we do here is help one another.
Go in there holding your head high and keep good thoughts, You're an INLINER!!!!!

Jim, I.I. #173
(It's easier to get forgiveness than permission!)
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Randy;

There are several million people in this country with your disease.

The fact that you have controled it for that long proves it can be and that you can etc. I am sure the Hearing Officer will see this as well.

Good luck, John M.......

John M., I.I. #3370

"There are no shortcuts to any place worth going". -Anon
F
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
F
Randy-

Consider it done!! And, like Mike said, if there's anything else...

-Tim
'51 Chevy 3104 w/'56 235, 848 Head, HEI Dizzy, 261 Cam & Split Manifold
S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Randy, good luck to you today. Hope it goes your way today, but if there's another setback just remember that you still have tomorrow and sooner or later you will be back on the road. I lost my license once too, but only for 6 months & not alcohol related. Didn't teach me much either. Took another 8 yrs. to see the light and in 2 weeks I'll have 25 yrs. sobriety behind me. Hang in there, you're worth it! Let us know how it went.
Dennis

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Randy, You certainly have my best thoughts today and in the future. My father(rest in peace) was an alcoholic nearly his entire life and I know first hand the damage it causes. The fact that you are facing it head on shows that you are building your life around a better future with your strong character and faith in youself.I hope today goes right for you. You earned it.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
M
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
M
Randy,

My spiritual support goes with you as well. I know personally that it is not easy to get clean and stay clean. I've been there, done that, and the tee shirt hasn't fit in years! \:\) The fact that you have made it this far and made good use of that time should carry some weight during your hearing. I hope you have the opportunity to mention it and those present really listen to you.

Good luck and stick with it.

Mike Gallant,
Northeast Chapter Head

Mike G #4355
D
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
I will say a prayer for you and all of those who have problems with alcohol. I'm amazed that you have managed to stay off of the alcohol. I'm watching my alcoholic mother die a slow death because she can't keep off of the stuff. You are to be commended license or no license. Whatever happens God has his plans.
Dano
Let us know what happens...

Somehow the problems I'm having and have had with my truck don't seem to matter now...

69 C-10, L-6, 3 on the tree!
No p/s, no p/b, no airbags, no a/c, no tilt, just a truck.

"Takes more than a coat of paint to make it at Thunder Road."
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
Thank you for sharing your hopes and struggles with us. i join you in praying that you will regain your license to drive, and that you'll stay dry and Inline on the road!

God's Peace to you.

d

S
Contributor
Contributor
S
Randy
my thoughts and prayers are with you. my friends and i have parents and acquaintences who are in the boat you're getting off of right now. its not a pretty thing. but good luck! us inliners have got to be the closest knit bunch of pple i know...we're family man.

once again, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

.samwise.

just like dano, the intake i want off e-bay just doesn't seem so big right now.

1967 Chevy II, 2-door post.
250, 3-OTT.

1969 GMC 1/2-ton.
307, 3-OTT.
DD.
O
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
O
Hang in there Randy !! I believe the sun WILL shine again for you.

Ed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's great to hear you have been in the program,been there 23 years and know it works.Your in my prayers and all is in Divine Order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even after nearly 5 years sobriety.

Well, After nearly 5 years sobriety the licensing agency said yes, Go get your license after you get a paper from a treatment agency (due to my record) stating that no treatment needed.

I went up there to get this and the counselor said she wont give it to me unless i complete the 3rd phase of treatment from 5 years ago when I went there. So now I have to come up with the funding for this and I wont be able to drive for two more months now. I dont mind doing the AA meetings, I DO mind falling back into a treatment program I dont need.

But maybe God just wants my story to get out to a few more people.

I may have to sell the Goldwing to pay for this class though, since I havent been working lately.

M
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
M
Well Randy at least you can see daylight at the end of that long tunnel. Keep a positive outlook on the situation. You've put the worst part behind you. From the sincerity I read in your posts I'm sure neither the motor vehicle licensing board nor the treatment center will ever
be a problem for you again. I think we are all looking forward to seeing your truck and a huge grin in a pic from an event in the very near future.

Hang in there it's almost over,
Mike

Mike G #4355
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Randy,It's a disappointment for you we know.
But,you have moved and climbed over boulders to be where you are today.The final step is an annoying little pebble. Like Mike G, we are looking forward to the grin from behind the steering wheel!

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Randy;

Congratulations!!

After five years 60 days is nothing. Telling your story at the meetings will give others hope as well.

Perhaps you can get a loan on the bike.

Good luck, John M....

John M., I.I. #3370

D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
In every race we enter, we have to finish in order to win. The one who endures to the end is the one who finishes. Others have made this journey, and several of them have testified here. They can testify because they finished. If you don't finish, you can't testify. You have stayed dry, learned some good things, and done some good work in 1,800 days on foot. The end of your long journey is in sight. Years from now you will be able to remember how you walked so far, and they made you walk just a little farther. You won't quit now--because if you do, you won't have anything to remember or memory to remember it.

i am joining you in prayer to keep on keepin' on. Trust in God, who can enable you to finish the course.

God's Peace to you.

d

S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Randy,
This is just a minor setback. Not what you wanted to hear, but if they denied you approval to get your license then it would be a major blow. If you've got to sell the bike to get the funds to complete the 3rd requirement, then do it. Once you can drive and get a job you'll feel better about it. Put it behind you. Soon you'll be able to buy another bike. Many years ago a friend of mine needed money to buy a house & couldn't get a loan. He had a beautifull 23 T, but he couldn't part with it. He made a deal with another friend to "buy it" till he had the funds to buy it back. It took a few years but he got the money to buy it back in better shape then it was when he "sold" it. Good luck. It'll work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lawyer called the JUDGE herself!

He caught one counselor SELLING SOMEONE OUT and now the JUDGE is informed of this!
He said exactly as I did.
Counselor PEED in My Cheeios he said.

He's raising the roof guy's !

BWAGHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ! (enter seedy laugh here).

After I am licensed again, I am shutting them down with news media.
OOOH SWEET VENGENCE!
-------------------------------------------------

well.
Yesterday I spoke with my lawyer and sent him all the paperwork over the fax.
He was FUMING ! He noticed the same thing i was/am mad about.
The counselor cowardly changed her diagnosis of NO SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM to needs 9 months treatment.
He is calling this licensing agency and then the treatment facility.

I will then (if needed) go see the counselor he recommends. you know, one which recommends what they see of TODAY not 5 years ago.
------------------------------------------

Things are going to be fine, I dont need a license bad enough to pay a treatment facility money they dont deserve.

O
Contributor
Contributor
O
VERRRRRY COOL!!!!!!

Jerry....I.I.# 3540
'27 T Nostalgia roadster
J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Dear Randy;

Most "treatment programs" are run by honest, honorable & careing people. Now & then there are those that will try to "scam" the thing like anything else.

You have proven yourself stronger than all this.

That's the important issue here!! The license will come. All you need do is; 'keep the faith' (in yourself).

JM.......

John M., I.I. #3370

M
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
M
YEAH!! Great news Randy! Turn the dogs loose on them. If that particular councelor has a previous mark on their name for fleecing the unfortunate then a sage judge just might wash the whole thing clean for you.

I'm still praying to God, Buddha, Yaweh, Mohammed, Elvis, Oprah, and anyone else who will listen. \:\)

Mike

Mike G #4355
S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Randy nice work, my prayers will keep you in them. 5 Years says you have a handle on things again. I'm a fourth generation farmer, seen things go both ways good or bad. Family and employees'. Keep the spirit up and with you at all times. You live in the land of the free so do not make yourself a slave to alc.

God Bless and Keep it INLINE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Meanwhile :

I wan not satisfied with the outcome from a treatment facilities decision. being 4-1/2 years plus sober I am looking into a re-evaluation today where my attorney friend is sending me.
4-1/2 years of sobriety and 9 months treatment for alcohol isn't sitting well in my gut. So I am taking a different evaluation where the folks will stand up to their decision made.
I DO deserve to drive since I have tried so hard, living by the rules has been hard on a lot of people around me. now its my time to move on and be successful.

results from the treatment facility wont be given to me for around 4-5 days though since they will be doing the urine test to back up my fight.
-----------
then another week for paperwork, then start paying reinstatement & Drive test costs & insurance.

And go for a REALLY LONG Drive in the truck. \:D

S
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
S
Well Randy the end is in sight just never forget the trip it took to get there. Youll be fine in the long run and my hat is off to you for your ability to beat the odds.
Glenn

Glenn
Life is not about being dealt a great hand but how Great you play the one you were dealt!
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
There are thousands of drivers on the
road at this very moment who have had
too much to drink. Night driving is
especially risky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I recieved the call i have been waiting YEARS to hear.

Today, the hearings officer from Washington State Dept of Licensing called -

Is Randy there? Yes this is he. Hi this is the dept of licensing. I have reviewed the paperwork and it is sufficient and satisfies our department. You may now Purchase Insurance and you will be able to TEST in about a week after the paperwork is completed in Olympia.

GUY'S, This is PURE EXCITEMENT!! I am extremely excited! I get to drive agin for REAL this time!

NO MORE WALLS THROWN IN MY FACE! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

J
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
J
Congratulations; You earned it.

John M......

John M., I.I. #3370

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Well done Randy ! You surely did earn it. Good Luck !

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Congradulations Randy.

F
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
F
Glad to hear it worked out Randy. Now, don't forget to post that pic of you with the big grin behind the wheel of your truck.

-Tim
'51 Chevy 3104 w/'56 235, 848 Head, HEI Dizzy, 261 Cam & Split Manifold
M
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
M
YESSSSSS !!!!!!!!!

Start that truck up and then bend off the key in the ignition because I'm sure you won't be shutting it off any time soon.

............. and he lived happily ever after.

Mike

Mike G #4355
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Randy-
Welcome to the world of 'street legal' again.
Will continue to keep you in my prayers!
Enjoy the breeze in your face as you drive!
Timmer

If at first you don't succeed . . . er . . . then skydiving may NOT be for you!
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife signed me onto her insurance Monday. Right after talking to the agent , the agent Faxed in the SR22 form to Licensing Dept.

After two days waiting for the agent to call back with our Quote we called them.
She informed my wife the cost would only be $25.00 for the remainder of our 6 month term (dont know how long)
Now waiting for the goahead to test when the forms are processed.

Cant these few days go by FASTER!?

I have 2 Gears in the truck I need to exercise and 6 on the bike I need to go through.

Yes, I am anxious as Heck!

P
Contributor
Contributor
P
Great,Randy!! Just remember"Life is like riding a bicycle up-hill you don't fall off till you quit pedaling". Enjoy that truck now that your "INLINE"----Paul

BAN LOW PERFORFMANCE DRIVERS.....
NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS!!
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Way to GO! Keep on Truckin'!!!

Jerry....I.I.# 3540
'27 T Nostalgia roadster

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available