Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
So i picked up one of these 12 port heads for my 292 , and ive been looking everywhere for a intake\exhaust gasket and i just cant seem to find them aneywhere i know a couple of guys on here have ran these heads in the past ,so if aneyone has aney info i would greatly appericate it .

Thanks

Contributor
Contributor
292withSU's

I ran one of those heads with a turbo, but I don't run any gaskets just silicone on the intake and stainless steel pigment on the exhaust, works for me at 35 psi boost and 1600' temp.

Harry

Turbo-6
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Thanks for the tip on the silicone, im not quite understanding what u mean by stainless steel pigment on the exhaustalso did u seen aney improment over this head than a stock head . im just building a nice driver i fugared this head was a little different . thanks again for any info.

Contributor
Contributor
It's made by Eastwood for painting the exhaust, I just let it thicken up to a paste and apply to both sides when the little bit of resin drys out all you have is stainless steel particals sealing the imperfections. Works for me.

The heads flowed the same, but the Brazil head made more HP about 3 or 4 tenths on my car.

Harry

Turbo-6
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
 Originally Posted By: Turbo-6
It's made by Eastwood for painting the exhaust, I just let it thicken up to a paste and apply to both sides when the little bit of resin drys out all you have is stainless steel particals sealing the imperfections. Works for me.

The heads flowed the same, but the Brazil head made more HP about 3 or 4 tenths on my car.

Harry

Thank you verry much you have saved me a great deal of time and money .

P
Contributor
Contributor
P
St. Loooouie cant be bad, they got Turbo 6 and Chuck Berry! Oh yeah, and them Silver McDonald's arches!

Contributor
Contributor
preacher, did you get my email ?

Harry

Turbo-6
P
Contributor
Contributor
P
Amen, brother, sounds simple, now I got a plan and some direction, the major component is pretty cheap new too.

Thanks
edski

G
GH Offline
Contributor
Contributor
G
Turbo-6, glad I got to visit with you in the staging lane at the HAMB drags. I was the guy that had the old GMC truck with the turbo charged 6 banger. I had already removed my hearing aids, getting ready to race and could'nt hear you very well, would like to visit again. I have an exhaust leak at the rear port between the homemade header flange and the head. I use a copper gasket with red silicone and it doesn't work well at all. I like the idea you have and will probably try that out.

Last edited by GH; 09/26/11 01:52 PM.
Contributor
Contributor
Gary, I really liked your truck sometimes I wish had kept mine more streetable and built another car just for racing, Call me anytime my number is in the Inliners roster.

Harry

Turbo-6
1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
I used the Copper RTV alot.and sometimes with out any type of gasket.On my collectors And it don't burn out.I used this on two intakes exhaust gaskets to find a leak I hand many yrs ago when i burn out a Head gasket and i was burning the in/ex at the same time and I thought it was the header flange so when i made the copper rtv & gasket sandwhich It showed me just what was really burning out that is how i found out it was the Head gasket.Because the copper RTV didn't burn but the in/ex gasket did.But at the time of finaly finding the real issue I had already burned a .010 groove in the head. BUT anyway I have always Used the copper RTV ever since then No Other.When it comes to heat related gaskets.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Twisted6), 112 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available