Rate Thread
B
Boucher Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
B
Hello All,

I have been taking the time while the weather is crummy to get a few things fixed. Another T5 trans is in and shift / sounds much better, oil change, fuel filter, boost management...

I an replacing my cheap plastic pressure line to my boost gauge with a copper one. As of now, I have it tapped in a air cleaner spacer so it only shows boost (above throttle plates). I want to put the tap in the manifold so that I can read boost and vacuum. Where did you all tap the manifold? I did notice that there already is a large tap (? 5/8") that is from the factory. It is angled, directly below the carb and about an inch deep. Can I piggy back on this one?

Hope all is well and good luck with your builds.

Boucher

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
You can piggy as long as the hole goes all the way to the plenum.
A quick drill & tap anywhere in the manifold will work also.

MBHD
 Originally Posted By: Boucher
Hello All,

I an replacing my cheap plastic pressure line to my boost gauge with a copper one. As of now, I have it tapped in a air cleaner spacer so it only shows boost (above throttle plates). I want to put the tap in the manifold so that I can read boost and vacuum. Where did you all tap the manifold? I did notice that there already is a large tap (? 5/8") that is from the factory. It is angled, directly below the carb and about an inch deep. Can I piggy back on this one?

Hope all is well and good luck with your builds.

Boucher

12 port SDS EFI
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
I used the large accessory vacuum port on the carb. Not sure if you can use it though because I think it's used for the power brake booster (assuming you have power brakes). It was either any full vacuum source on the carb or make the pre-drilled holes on the offy manifold work.

69 Buick Special Deluxe. Intercooled Turbo Chevy 250 @ 15psi on a stock long block. It's kinda fast.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Ehb86, OldFord777, Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil
6,789 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available