Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
Would anybody know of a good used stock GM 2bbl intake manifold? Or even have a picture of one? I tried to find any sort of picture or video of the chev 250's in South America, and I seen some 2 bbl intake manifolds; wich might have been gm but not sure. Could not find anything factory fuel injected. Any info on this would be awsesome.

If I was to find a good Gm 2bbl intake how much would it be worth?
Is the the automotive 2bbl intake the same as what is used in marine?
How much would a gm 292 exhaust manifold be worth?

For a stock build 250 (9.3-9.4 comp-ratio & pg trans in a 64 nova)should a 292 ex-man be used, the cast iron headers, or stock manifold?.
Thanks for any help/info, Jason

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
GM did not produce a two barrel manifold for the automotive 250 in the United States.

Brazil 2 Barrel Manifold, Solex H34, Alcohol
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-2...a-weber-446-_JM
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-2...o-solex-h34-_JM

Brazil 2 Barrel Manifold, Weber DFV446, Gasoline
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-212891415-coletor-admisso-opala-caravam-6-cc-_JM
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-216806636-coletor-admisso-3e-446-weber-usado-opala-_JM

Argentina 2 Barrel Manifold
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-...chevy-coupe-_JM

As the six cylinder engine is tilled down in the rear when mounted in the car/truck, the front/mid/rear intake ports are at different elevations. The different manifolds deal with this differently.

1)The GM USA OEM stock manifold, 2)the Offenhauser manifold, and 3 & 4)the two Brazilian manifolds have level main runners (manifold runners that are parallel with the engine centerline), and slope the front/mid/rear port runners at different angles. While the OEM and the Offenhauser manifold have the main runners at the mid port level, the Brazilian manifold main runners are slightly higher at the front port level.

The GM USA OEM stock manifold has the plenum bottom at a low point, assuming to prevent liquid gasoline from just running to a particular cylinder.
The approach angle of the rear port runner to the cylinder head is fairly steep on the Brazilian manifolds.

The 5) Argentine and 6) Clifford manifolds have main runners that slope with the engine. The carburetor base is level though. I would be concerned with liquid gasoline overwhelming the rear cylinders. As you can see from the links, the runner volume for the Argentine manifold is less than for the Clifford manifold.

A Brazilian two piece cast iron manifold (1 3/4" I.D.), from a 1995-98 fuel injection 250 engine (looks better right-side-up)
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-221975263-coletor-de-escape-omega-41-9498-_JM
The runners on the carburetor intake manifolds must be lengthen to fit with the Brazilian two piece cast iron manifold.

Last edited by Winter; 02/24/12 08:43 PM.
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Anyone know if these are available in Peru ?
I'll be making my 4th trip there this summer.
Wonder if they would ship stuff to my contact in Iquitos then I can bring it home as a carry on ?
Or if it can purchased in Lima.

Winter, any suggestions since it seems you pretty up to speed on the South American stuff ?

Thanks,
Stu

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
These are my observations so view them as being informative and not facts:

1) Concerning the Chevrolet 250 engines and South America, countries north and west of Brazil tended to offer 250 engines similar to those in the USA.

2) Brazil and Argentina were more independent concerning Chevrolet 250 engine development. OEM two barrel manifolds were commonly installed.

Over the years I have acquired: 1)Argentine two barrel intake manifold 2) Brazilian two barrel intake manifold (alcohol version) 3) Brazilian two piece cast iron exhaust

The acquisition process have not been consistent. I have ordered all while in the USA. Some attempts have been smooth and quick, some have fallen through, some parts have been slightly different than pictured and stated (alcohol versus gas intake manifold), some have taken months. Some shipments have arrived in a week, some have taken 4 weeks.

You can search using the following sites:
Google Brazil, Google Argentina, Google Peru
Mercado Livre Brazil, Mercado Libre Argentina, Mercado Livre Peru

Some foreign words to use searching:
Intake manifold: admissao coletor (Brazil) or colector (Argentina)
Cylinder: cilindros
6 Cylinder abbreviation: 6 CC
Engine: Motores
Brazilian Cars using the Chevrolet 250: Opala, Caravan
Argentine Cars using the Chevrolet 250: Chevrolet 400, Opala

There is an Argentina road racing series that uses 6 cylinder engines, the Turismo 4000 Argentino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bo62j9S1TU

This Argentine site has a Chevrolet 250 OEM style aluminum cylinder head:
http://www.crparts.com.ar/verart.php?id=542

Last edited by Winter; 02/26/12 12:18 PM.
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
@ Winter, Thanks for the info. I obviously need to learn spanish. I was very glad to see the links to the adds you sent.
If you didn't see my other posts, I am hoping to find some of these parts in Guatamala. My foreman (Howard) at work has been going every year for a while now. Howard is willing to dig @ the local wrecking yard. I am just not sure what chevy engines were used there. Any Ideas?

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
My guess is that Guatamala, being north and west of Brazil in Central America, would have the USA versions of the Chevrolet 250. Hopefully I'm wrong.

'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
Wasn't the 250 made in Mexico till 1988?. I hope there is a good selection. I had a thought this morning, That it might be possible to fit a small 2bbl on the stock 250 manifold. (withsome machineing and welding) Anybody heard of this?
Jason

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Douglas had told me the 250 multiport fuel injected 250s last year was 1997 in Brazil.

He showed me a picture of a stock 1997 Chevy truck w/one in it.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I think Winter is correct about the selection of Inline 6 parts from Guatemala being more consistent with what we find available here in the US and Mexico. South America is totally different in their Inline markets from ours and Mexico and Central America, so I doubt you'll find any of the 2 BBL intakes there or anywhere except Brazil and other SA countries. Also, if you look at some of those auction links that Winter posted, you will also see they place a high value on their stuff, whereas we would probably give those intakes away in favor of an aluminum intake if we had them here.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
W
Contributor
Contributor
W

Originally Posted By: '64 Nova
I had a thought this morning, That it might be possible to fit a small 2bbl on the stock 250 manifold. (withsome machineing and welding) Anybody heard of this?
Jason

https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=63274

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
 Originally Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank
Douglas had told me the 250 multiport fuel injected 250s last year was 1997 in Brazil.

He showed me a picture of a stock 1997 Chevy truck w/one in it.

MBHD

The fuel injected, 12 port, Brazil Chevrolet 250 was produced from 1995 to 1998 in the Chevrolet Silverado Pickup Truck and the Opel Omega A Sedan.

Wikipedia lists a few more years, not sure of the accuracy:
1998–1999 Chevrolet Tahoe (Argentina)
1995–1998 Chevrolet Omega A (Brazil)
1998–1999 Chevrolet Silverado - (GMT400) (Brazil)

W
Contributor
Contributor
W
 Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
South America is totally different in their Inline markets from ours and Mexico and Central America, so I doubt you'll find any of the 2 BBL intakes there or anywhere except Brazil and other SA countries. Also, if you look at some of those auction links that Winter posted, you will also see they place a high value on their stuff, whereas we would probably give those intakes away in favor of an aluminum intake if we had them here.

One of the Brazil or Argentina 2 barrel manifolds is going to cost $200 to $350 USA delivered. Also, manufactured goods such as carburetors are very expensive down there.

Last edited by Winter; 02/27/12 08:51 AM.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 189 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available