Print Thread
Rate Thread
#69084 03/17/12 01:14 AM
'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
Hi, anybody know of a rochester verajet carb? I need one for 250. Would anybody know how much these are worth,as a core or rebuilt?. The 250 is in a nova with hopes of good fuel mileage.
Thanks for any help

C
Contributor
Contributor
C
 Originally Posted By: '64 Nova
Hi, anybody know of a rochester verajet carb? I need one for 250. Would anybody know how much these are worth,as a core or rebuilt?. The 250 is in a nova with hopes of good fuel mileage.
Thanks for any help

it's "Varajet".
A quick check of google shows some websites with parts and info.
Maybe a Weber would be eaier to get parts for?

Pete

Pete
64 Chevelle
61 C30 Panel truck
1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
My dad had an '80 Buick Regal with a Varajet or a Dualjet on it . . . it had a band-saw engineered V6 (take a small V8 and lop off two cylinders ). It was poorly balanced and anemic to drive - but probably not the carb's fault. With so much focus on emissions and cost control the driving experience was low on the list of priorities . . .

You'll be looking for the early design '79 or '80. After that they were fitted with electronics to feedback to an engine management computer. There are some out on ebay now . . . but I think they are the later design.

Rochester Carburetors: Tune, Rebuild or Modify

Any particular reason you are interested in running one of these?

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
IIRC by 1977 all Buick V6 engines were even-fire with offset pins.

'
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
'
Hi again, thanks to everyone responding. Sodell offered a carb for shipping. The nova and I are happy. I know somebody thinks I am nuts for wanting one of these carbs (my wife thinks I am), but I wanted a progressive 2 bbl, I am little Rochester biased (from my Dads experience), haven't seen much of the Holley 5200 style carb anywhere I looked. I also wasn't sure if these would be big enough. They were also a stock peice for a 250. I know they were developed for emissions but is that going to hurt driveability? Hopefully I am happy with it. There is a reman carb for a 250 on ebay, I was very tempted but resisted bying it. Most varajets on ebay are for the GM 2.8L .
Now to make it fit. I have come to the conclusion that the 250 2bbl was only availeble as an integeral head.
Am I still nuts?

1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: '64 Nova

Am I still nuts?

Nope. Best part about modifying your own car is you get to build it anyway you want . . . even if no one else on the planet agrees with you . . .

Let us know how it runs after you get it sorted out . . .

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (stock49, Twisted6), 403 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available