Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer

Hello!
I am in the process of bolting up the 54 chevy powerglide transmission to my 1954 6 cly and having problems with the flywheel. Converting to a 12 volt system so I have a 160+ tooth flywheel from a later model 6. Now I need to line up the "X" on the flywheel with the "X" on the torque converter when I bolt them up but the flywheel does not have the "X" stamp on either side. Cleaned the flywheel up really well and still no luck in finding the stamp. Now there is a triangle on the flywheel .... is the alignment mark I need or is this for the timing?
would appreciate some advice.
Tahnks!!!
John

http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab81/...current=20b.jpg

Contributor
Contributor
I don't know about the torque converter, but the marks in the photo are the timing marks. Using a timing light the ball bearing will indicate TDC when it is aligned with the pointer and the triangle is the factory advance setting. At least that's the way I remember it.

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
Thanks for the information here Tim. As long as everything aligns with the bolt up to the torque converter I will not worry. Of course the flywheel bolts up only one way on the crankshaft which was easy! Appreciate the response.
John

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 364 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available