Print Thread
Rate Thread
#70091 06/04/12 03:56 PM
W
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
I picked up a 64 nova awhile ago with a 194 I6. I have a 250 and T5 for it, but I want to warm it up a little. My plans are to megasquirt it with a turbo. Nothing too crazy, as I don't think the T5 would survive. I've got an idea for a manifold, I wanted to run by you guys. I'm thinking basically building one header that runs the length of the head, with the exhaust tubes going down to a turbo flange, and the intake tubes going up to a throttle body. Is there any reason this won't work? I think I could build it cheaper than the custom manifolds that are available. Any thoughts? I've been surfing here for a few weeks and I haven't came across anything similar. Thanks.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
You can use the stock exhaust manifold & stock intake also, that will save you time & money.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
W
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
This 250 is a car motor, but I got it out of a boat so its got the marine manifold on it. Are parts for these common in the wrecking yards? This is the first 6 I've messed with.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Have not been to junk yards lately.

I am pretty sure if you ask guys here for a stock intake & exhaust manifold for sale, someone must have one?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The manifold from the 194 should fit the 250. And yes there should be L6 chevy manifolds in the wrecking yards. I don't understand what you were describing in the turbo set up you want to build. For a simple low boost project the stock manifolds could be modified.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
W
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
The 194 manifold I have is for a tiny 1 Barrel. I'm assuming the 250's had a 2 barrel?. It didn't dawn on me til today to check the local pick apart. Hes got the set for $60. I really want to drive my nova around, even with the stock motor for now. But the powerglide has some issues. When you get up to speed and ease up on the throttle, it will shift back into first. I was doing almost 60 the first time it did it. I've almost got everything for the T5 swap. I just need the pedal assembly, and the linkage. A friend over on StevesNovaSite has it all for me but money has been tight. Hopefully soon though.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
None of these engines had a 2 bbl except those that had the integral head, and those intakes and exhaust manifolds are made as part of the head and cant be removed. They are often cracked so not very desireable.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
W
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Thats good to know.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 445 guests, and 37 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available