Rate Thread
#70078 06/03/12 09:10 PM
G
gearset Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
G
Me again with another 2 two questions.. I have a 69 chevelle with a Chevy inline 250 with a power glide trans.

1. were do I get vacuum advanced from on the distributor,above or below the throttle plate?

2. were do I get the vacuum for the kick down on the transmission?
above or bellow the throttle plate?

thank you for your reply..

kev.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
What carb? as for the tranny it comes right off the intake. As to the dist. Holley it runs off the metering block right on the side.Old stock 1b If i remember right it is near the base or the carb.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
P
Contributor
Contributor
P
God says,

Get your vaccuum from the intake, or from below the throttle butterfly of the carb, for everything. That way no hesitation for anything. Get the most snap for your effort.

The only reason we got these "spark ports" on the smog era ('68 and later) carbs is to help eliminate smog (and create a doggier car). Never had 'em on pre'68 stuff.

All '67 and earlier Q-Jets, AFBs, and others are better for performance vehicles because they are richer, have weaker power stage springs, and simpler, stronger idle systems(all provide for snappier response with no stumbles). The later ones can be fixed, with some effort and time.

Try it both ways and tell us what you think. Set your timing the same with no vacuum at distributor. Then hook up dist to either vacuum source and drive it, then hook up to other. Manifold vaccuum source to dist will also be more economical(thats why it was created-by Abraham and Issac Carter (the carter carb boys in the 20s)

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 336 guests, and 40 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available