Rate Thread
#72524 11/18/12 05:16 PM
P
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
P
Just curious if anyone has done it?
Restoring a 48 windsor and have a spare engine.
We planned to drop an efi small block in it,but I like to be as "original" as possible.

It would be pretty simple since I have spare parts available to just "modernize" the flathead.
I am NOT going for power here mainly. If the end result is enough torque to get this bad boy to do 85 reliably on the interstate with good mpg then i'm happy.

I have built injections and tuned other vehicles (camaros/trucks/V6/V8 etc) and have all the parts and tools available to do it pretty sure.

I would love to see another example if there is one of someone fuel injecting this engine.
Thanks.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I just sent this thread back to the top. It's a 235 Chevy but a lot of the info would work for you. : "tossing around the idea of efi for my 235"

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Here is a video of an injected Plymouth. LINK
I bumped another thread about this car. "Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look"

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
P
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
P
I've not finished the chevy thread,looks interesting though.
The injected plymouth I don't recognize anything other than the regulator,it is throttle body injected?

I've got an entire spare engine assembly to work with.
Generically I was thinking drilling the intake for injectors,adding a few sensors and running an LS6 computer and appropriately sized throttle body.
Of course batchfire or sequential etc.. Would be worked out depending on details,i've just began kicking around the idea.
When I get around to dissassembling the spare engine i've got then i'll know more of course.
I'm pretty ignorant of anything made before the 90's.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers \:\) You'll get it.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Hi: I do know that there was a fellow that ran a 250" in a 48 or 49 coupe out of Talent,Or- It had 6 injectors on it- most of the time it was just for drags- but it was seen on the street as well. not sure if he is still alive, He was in his late 60's in 1990. I'd really like to know what happened to the Car. Norm

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 492 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available