Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#73924 02/08/13 02:25 AM
Titen Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Our Web Site could use a new and updated face. How about some input on what you would like to see, or suggestions on improving our website experience.

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
Titen #73927 02/08/13 04:05 AM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Keeping the Home Page fresh will help, and not letting the same picture stay there for too long. You can swap it out with just random old vintage pics of Inline oriented race cars or unique engine pics, like a really cool shot of your Harper intake Beater was mentioning.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
CNC-Dude #5585 #73929 02/08/13 11:52 AM
B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
I think the web site is fine. The only thing it needs is to be supported by our members. I was just looking at the members rides area and don't think it has had ten cars added in the last ten years, also the racing area is being ignored by everyone. If our members would send in pictures of their cars and a simple description it would show their car off to people all over the world. As for the racing area pictures and updated reports of what you have and your plans and results would be very interesting. How many people in our club are the proud owners of of a street driven inliner or a inline that sees a trip to the quarter mile or the salt or circle tracks, evidently no one or they are ashamed to have a picture of then seen by people around the world. Also while I am picking on people more chapter news and pictures could be sent to Tim for the web page. We want our club to grow and our inlines to be better supported then we have to let people know we are out here. Tim why don't you list contact info where they can send this information maybe even a permanent notice both on the web site and the BB.
Just my thoughts

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Tim has done a great job here and it is one of the best things about Inliners International.

I agree that freshening the home page more often would be nice. Maybe just take one of the "Inliner Rides" each month when there isn't something like the Black Opal to perk us up.

Tech Tips could be added from the Twelve Port News. In fact I'd like to see the BB and TPN more closely connected. Its like two different clubs except one club talks and one club talks back. \:\) Even Twelve Port back issues would be very helpful.

I still have trouble searching old posts. I have developed a a system. If I remember anyone who posted on a topic or anyone I think is knowledgable on a subject I search their history.

One thing I enjoy on the HAMB are build threads. I like following a build from start to how ever finished it gets. It could be a whole car, engine swap, etc,. We have some of those but they are not easy to find.

I know it would be a lot of work and maybe we are just too small for some of this. I don't want us to be too big like some sites.

We have been very well behaved lately.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Titen Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Thanks for the input, keep the suggestions coming.

We have a committee in progress to how best to bring the website to the next level. I figure the ones who use the website on a daily basis are well qualified to help us determine what’s broken, what’s not, and what just needs to be changed or upgraded.

The website has been active for over 10 years now and does need a more contemporary look. When the site was started I think it was looked upon as more of a novelty, not to be taken seriously, but in this day it has become an important part of our club in communicating amongst the membership and getting our word out and hopefully attracting new members. If you used to search for Inlines, you would come up with skaters or dancers, now you are more than likely be directed to the Inliners International.

Dude, You are absolutely right about keeping a fresh look, I was frustrated about finding something new when magically the Black Opel report appeared in my mailbox (Thanks Dick Knorr). The membership can always feel free to send the webmaster their progress reports and event stories.

Big Bill, The ‘Rides’ and ‘Racing’ pages have been neglected, thanks for reminding me. Perhaps a facelift would encourage folks to participate more. The standard way to reach me is thru the Webmaster links, and all the contact info for the club officers and board members is on the website.

Beater, Thanks for the input. One of my major concerns all along has been the disconnect between the Website and the TPN, as I mentioned earlier, I don’t believe most of the club has considered the website particularly valuable. Our committee is addressing this issue to get more interaction between the two. Soon I will update the BB software to the latest version, hopefully this will help with the search issues. If a project is kept in a single thread it should be easy to follow. Maybe the next version of UBB will allow imbedding images easier.

And, yes, the folks on the BB have been rather well behaved lately (Yay!), and I thank you for that.

Keep the suggestions and comments coming. This is the third time I wrote this reply, I started early this morning and when satisfied with my note, I promptly pushed the wrong button and lost everything. This was done in Word.

Thanks guys,

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
Titen #73945 02/09/13 09:44 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Consider a format like http://www.fordsix.com forums or the H.A.M.B.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Tim, I have often had large responses disappear when I clicked "Submit". I always thought is was some Automatic Webmaster Problem Prevention Function. Now I copy the long ones before I submit just incase you are watching.

There is a lot of valuable information posted here, some of it by guys who are no longer with us. It scares me think any of that could be lost during an upgrade. Which leads to another suggestion how about interviews with our Senior inliners?

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Contributor
Contributor
I have said it before there was one thing I wish I had hard copied before it got ZAPPED. That was the product of a big "pissing match" going on at the time !! (must have been, at least I can't find it) was the photos and casting numbers of all the crankshafts that Lee Lites posted. Lee had his way upsetting you but that was good stuff...side by side photos, close ups of casting number . Maybe now with Tim being THE MODERATOR of the whole board some of that good stuff want get zapped just because two people don't agree !! just saying..J

Jerry Davis II#4711

ol Smokey said "one test is worth a thousand expert opinions."
Titen Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Jerry, Go to Advanced search, enter LeeLites in the Display Name and put the search to older than 1 week, I found 3 pages of LeeLites stuff.

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
Titen #74035 02/16/13 01:51 AM
Titen Offline OP
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
C'mon guys, I am really trying to upgrade. Give me your shots.

Tim

Tim Tenold
I.I.#498
Titen #74038 02/16/13 02:44 AM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Your limited as to the template you see here using the UBB Threads forum software. I like the layout of it personally, I just think that rotating the Home Page pics every couple of weeks or month or so will make a big difference. I rarely look at any of the other pages myself, so I probably think most others don't either, so changes or upgrades to the Home Page and Bulletin Board page will likely get noticed the most.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
CNC-Dude #5585 #74116 02/21/13 01:44 PM
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
A forum were legislative alerts or other issues of concern could be discussed and information posted. Things such as new fuel blends, insurance, registration, taxes on older vehicles, and unregistered vehicles. Automotive information issues only.

B
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
B
A forum such as Beater is talking about could be very useful, as for people viewing the rest of the site they would if it contained a continualy changeing source of information and pictures but if this is to happen it will require our members to forward such things to Tim to be posted.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
Titen #74152 02/25/13 04:28 PM
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
i see that the superfast, supertech Black Opel has given way on the home page that is not homely to Melon's orange Willys pickinuptruck -- 200 mph on the Flats to 80 mph downhill! That is the scope of Inliners International and the span of our interests. All Inlines truly welcome!

i love to look at that Black Opel, but i can identify with Melon's truck. Both of them are fine and beautiful things, and they are Inline!

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (CrabFoam), 271 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Drachenblut, SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20
6,787 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available