Print Thread
Rate Thread
A
AlanG Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Hi there, has anyone tried running dual Edelbrock 94 carburetors on a 261?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Make sure you get 2 primary carbs if you get them. They look good, I remember seeing Vic at the Hotrod and Restoration Show in Indy back in 2005. He was checking out the newly re-introduced Stromberg Carb companies booth, and talk was he was looking to do a version of them as well. Looks like he did.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
the new ones are alot better than the originals but very pricey. I,ve got some small holley 1bbls that have a mech choke that work good on these manifolds. email me if you want more info
bob
bcowanwheels@aol.com

Last edited by bcowanwheels; 09/07/12 08:10 PM.

I BELIEVE IN " JOHN 3:16 "
R
Newcomer
Newcomer
R
I have one 94 on my 261. I used a Langdon adapter for a four bolt carb. It fits the 94 very closely and even has the location for the third mounting hole...
Anyway.... It made a world of difference over the Rochester.... Mileage doubled and performance increased by a lot....
I build these carbs on a semi regular basis and had a few to choose from so buying an new one was not in the picture for me. If your able to build and set up your own carbs I'd recommend trying to find nice rebuilt or rebuildable originals as they are a lot cheaper and work very well.....Parts and kits are readable available and they are not at all difficult to work on.

Rich

A
AlanG Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
A
Hey Rich, thanks for the feedback. I've also been considering using a couple the new Stromberg 97s but haven't figured out what to do about vacuum advance It seems there are no vacuum ports on either of these carbs. What did you do for distributor vacuum advance?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Here are a couple of magazine article using older vintage multi-carb intakes, they used these spacers that are tapped for vacuum, look here. Here and also Here. Maybe that will give you some ideas.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 311 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available