Rate Thread
#74572 04/03/13 01:14 PM
W
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
W
Hey guys,

I have been a reader here for a while before I decided to rebuild my old 250 in the truck my grandfather gave me. I have it bored .040 over I swapped out the old integral head for a non integral one (dont know what to do with the integral one now) its been ported and polished with bigger exhaust and intake valves, it also has a comp cams 260h grind. I plan on running an offie intake and some sort of headers but I cant figure out what carb to use. It came with some kind of two barrel and I was wondering if that would be enough cfm for my build or if i should switch to a 4 barrel. I was also curious as if there is anything I should do before the first start? I have been using lucas assembly lube as well as the little package that came for the cam. I have the bottom end assembled and was planning on putting the head on next but wasnt sure if I should reuse headbolts or not. Sorry to ask so many questions but this is my first build and any help would be great.

I should also mention I am on a budget for the build because I am in college as well.

Thanks,
Dustin

Last edited by wdschell; 04/03/13 01:17 PM.
wdschell #74589 04/04/13 11:40 PM
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
THE STOCK CARB WILL WORK FINE BUT SO WILL A 390 HOLLEY DEPENDS ON YOUR BUDJET, INTREGAL HEADS DONT BRING MUSH SO GREASE IT DOWN AND BAG IT TO SAVE FOR JUST IN CASE YOU NEED IT, REUSE THE HEAD BOLTS NO PROBLEM.
BOB

I BELIEVE IN " JOHN 3:16 "

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 492 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available