Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74411 03/19/13 10:01 PM
B
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
B
Has anyone used Comsumer Cellular cell phone service, if so what is your opinion of it? It operates on the AT&T network and for two smart phones it is around $60.00 a month cheaper than Verizon. That is a lot of inline parts each year.

Been there, Done that, Hope to live long enough to do it again.
Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
I like your way o thinking 😏

Josh
72 gmc lwb air ride 5 speed (soon) turbo 292 II# 6102
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
AARP advertises Consumer Cellular and there are discounts for members, if that is any help. I like the AT&T network you can use phones with SIM cards on it. I hadn't thought about two phones on one service. That would save me enough on a 2 yr contr. to pay for the new smart phone in Oct..

Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
B
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
B
Well I took the plunge and made the switch to Consumer Cellular, got our phones last week and so far I love it. No dropped calls plus the benefits of a smart phone. With my AARP discount I get 1500 min. talk time, 10,000 text messaages, plus a gigabyte of data to share between myself and my wife. Kept our same numbers, bought the two smart phones outright with wall chargers, car chargers, computer USB cables and steel protective cases to protect them if we drop them, for $336.00 total and my monthly invoice is $76.00 dollars total for both lines + tax. I will save enough to pay for the phones and accessories in just over four months. This is a 3G connection but that is fast enough for me. The most or best thing is if I call them with a question I get someone who speaks good English.

Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Sounds like a good setup. Cheap price too.

Keep us posted on how it works out.

What brand phones?

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

B
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
B
Tom
they are made by Huawei model 8800 they are available from major carriers under their private label. They have a 5 megapixel autofocus camera that will shoot you tube quality video, wifi, bluetooth, GPS, an android operating system, 3.8" display, active noise cancellation with Dolby sound. comes with 2 gig SD card expandable to 32 gig also 512 meg internal memory. size W 2.44" D 0.45" H 4.72 HAs a one button screen lock so you won't Butt dial it. Some people complain about battery life but we charge them every nite and play with them all day and haven't had any problems. Ask me again in a couple of months.

Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
All i want the telephone to do is to make and receive calls without dropping them. That would be enough. i don't want it to take pictures (i have real cameras) and i surely do not want it to talk to me! If i wanted to see video, i'd watch television (which i don't). If i want to "compute," i have a computer.

i see more and more people "driving" with their thumbs on the little box, staring at it rather than looking at the road. They are a danger to themselves and to others. i see more and more people in meeting rooms and public places, staring at the little box, oblivious of whatever else is going on, not hearing a word that is said.

All that said . . . Bill, enjoy your new toys.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

B
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
B
Don
Hi hope you are both doing well. As for the phone my first cell phone was carried around in a bag and sometimes you could even talk on it. Things have changed over the years and now things i never thought I would ever be doing are required if I want to be part of my grandkids lives. Their parents encourage them to text to cut down on the voice min. Next reason for a smart phone is if you are hunting something in a strange area you used to be able to stop at the nearest phone booth and look in the yellow pages, have you looked for a phone booth latley and if you found one did it have a phone book. As for the camera have you ever saw something and said "darn I wish i had my camera. I always have my cell phone. \:\)
I totally agree with you about the fools driving and playing with their phones at the same time, and the people sitting playing games on their phone during a situation that calls for social interaction. I have carried a gun since a became apart of law enforcement back in the early seventies but I don't play with it or shoot people just because I can,in fact most people don't know I even have it. That is called intelligent behavior.
In closing all I have to say is "May God protect us from those who have things and aren't capable of intelligent use of them".

Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
Contributor
Contributor
I often think of my Grandfather when using my cellphone. He retired from Northwestern Bell Telephone Company in 1954 after 43 years. We have a picture of him standing on a crossarm with open telephone wires all around him. When he retired the Company had a policy to give retiree's new phones and private lines. He thought that the candlestick two party line phone was just fine and didn't want new phones or a single party line. My Grandmother thought other wise and they ended up with a 3 phone one on each floor and one in the basement. Grandpa put his foot down when they wanted to put a phone in the bathroom.. Can you imagine what he would think now about carrying a phone around in your pocket. And very shortly on your wrist like Dick Tracy

Luke Lucas I.I. #516
53chevy #74585 04/04/13 12:54 PM
B
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
B
53 Chevy

My dad retired from Ohio Bell in !975 with 44 years of service and would only have one phone because he didn't want to take advantage of the company. We always called the open wires bird wire because guys used to catch a line of birds sitting on them and they would pull down on the wire and then turn loose causing it to cut the birds heads off or at least break their necks. Can you imagine the SPCA reaction if that was done in todays world.

Big Bill
I.I.# 4698
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
"May God protect us from those who have things and aren't capable of intelligent use of them."

Amen, brother! That prayer applies all over the world in this hellbent twenty-first century. "Technology" -- including motor vehicles -- can be truly wonderful if we understand what we're doing and if we care for the lives of others.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450

P
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
P
"May God protect us from those who have things and aren't capable of intelligent use of them."

Like the Defense Department?

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available