Print Thread
Rate Thread
#74686 04/10/13 07:12 PM
C
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
I built a deep iol pan for my 292 approx 3 inches lower than stock by grafting a 350 deep sump to a 292 pan.
I have fitted the sump pickup correctly and am now looking at figuring out a oil level. I would like to run a bit more oil in the pan other than just putting 5 quarts in the pan and checking the level and markin a dipstick
Does anyone have a approx idea what the stock oil level would be as opposed to bottom of the block edge where the oil pan bolts on.I did not have the original dipstick for the motor or i would not be asking this question.

If it dont fit keep welding
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
You want the "full" oil level to be at least 2"-3" below the lowest component of the rotating assembly ie. rods, counterweights, etc. as the crank rotates. What oil pump are you using?

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
W
Contributor
Contributor
W
Why not fill it to the level on the stock dipstick? This should give plenty of clearance. Just count how much oil you put in.

Will Willis

C
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
C
Using a stock pump and the deep pan will move the oil level down quite a bit just trying to gauge where the stock level would have been at for a starting point. I would think i could run 6 or 7 q of oil in this pan without an issue and still have it a long way from the bottom of the crank.

If it dont fit keep welding

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SSG Pohlman, castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101
6,786 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available