Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#74960 - 05/04/13 06:27 PM Re: Can I please have opinions on my split header idea [Re: RedMan*]
THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER Offline
Active BB Member

Loc: FRENCHTOWN
superb

I'll bet the guy had 30 - 40 hours of fab time in them.

#74965 - 05/04/13 06:49 PM Re: Can I please have opinions on my split header idea [Re: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER]
stan z. Offline
Active BB Member

Loc: NJ
 Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
superb

I'll bet the guy had 30 - 40 hours of fab time in them.

Bingo! He called on a Thursday morning to let me know he was getting them started. I asked him how long would it take and he told at least 4 days.
He then called me the following Tuesday afternoon to let me know he had a couple of hours left on them Wednesday morning and they would be in a box by noon. So yes between making the fixture for the mock up tubes, and then doing the final assembly and welding he had 4 full days and a couple hours on the 5th. Plus lets not forget the materials cost to them. I know with my business I wouldn't work for anybody for 4 full days and not make at least $1,300. Not here in NJ anyway.

#74968 - 05/04/13 09:03 PM Re: Can I please have opinions on my split header idea [Re: stan z.]
Beater of the Pack Offline
Active BB Member

Loc: Northern Nevada
If a guy can't make a buck he's not going to sit around and build one off headers. I'm glad you showed this to us. I like 'em.

#74969 - 05/04/13 10:18 PM Re: Can I please have opinions on my split header idea [Re: Beater of the Pack]
Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank Offline
Active BB Member

Loc: Ca
Stan,
if you need them, you need them, that is about the norm price for custom 6 cyl headers. They look real nice & money well spent.

MBHD

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  nln6pinto, will6er 
Who's Online
2 registered (DeuceCoupe, 53chevy), 40 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Danrush, Billy ray, J Mann, John Forbes, 59GMC
6025 Registered Users