Print Thread
Rate Thread
#77641 10/21/13 08:37 PM
D
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
D
Sorry if this has been beaten to death... I have no luck finding what I'm looking for with the search engines!

I have looked into tbi for my chevy L6, but now am trying to find what I can on a multi port system. I just don't see an electronic carb helping the front and rear cylinders to not go lean.

I had been thinking of a group fire system that would pulse each crank revolution.

Has anyone tried an multi port system?

N
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
N
Easiest I can think of would be a 3 pot manifold with 3 TBI units off say a 2.8 GM (depending on what size your 6 is) with a Megasquirt control.

I expect that would be simpler than trying to get even distribution with port injectors.

It should still allow a batch fire, and IIRC they have 2 injectors each so that is still 6 injectors, most aftermarket controllers should be able to handle that.

Megasquirt you build yourself, so you build what you need.

My, what a steep learning curve. Erik II#5155
D
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
D
Its funny to me that you suggest the 3 tbi route... I had been giving that a lot of thought until recently. I could not come up with a small enough tb and wasn't sure how to connect 3 of them to any computor. I hadn't thought of the mega squirt. I kept thinking that I would need a tb from an engine smaller than 2l or 3 of them would be too much... The computor can only shorten the puls so much. Perhaps I will research the mega squirt and see what I can do.

As for the port injection... I figured if the fuel came from a distribution block and had equel length lines, it should be accurate. Does that make sense?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
One of the guys over on the Hot Rod Inlines forum a while back made a solid model drawing with (3)TB's for a 292 engine. So its been thought of before and might be a possibility.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
D
D13 Offline
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
D
Look at 3.0L Buick V-6 out of late 80's. 6 injector batch fire. Still going to have issues between #3 and #4, not enough time to get the second load of fuel dumped into the port.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 533 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available