Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Hi. I just mailed off my membership application today & am looking for some help locating a valve cover.

I have a bunch of Clifford parts coming for my 235 I am rebuilding & am looking to buy one of their discontinued model cast aluminum finned with logo valve covers. Either in the aluminum finish or the powder coated black finish.

I am trtying to not get a bunch of mis matched logo's under the hood.

Any help would be appreiated.

Thanks, Jim ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1946 Chevy 5 passenger Sport Coupe
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
I would not just look for matching logos, Clifford & Offy & others have different applications.

Normally Clifford products are for higher RPM higher HP, where you loose some street ability.

MBHD

good luck on your build.

12 port SDS EFI
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Thanks for the reply Hank. What I am trying to do is I have the Clifford dual intake with dual 2 bbl Webbers going on the engine & am trying to just get matching logo between the intake manifold & valve cover.
This 46 coupe will be a daily driver & I also plan to enter in in many of the Texas car shows as the body & interior has been restored. The original 216 thrashed on me last month & I decided to go with a 1956 235 for a much more dependable & longer lasting daily driver.
As the valve cover as such will not really effect performance it just might effect the car show looks of the engine. Both the Clifford intake & valve cover look great when finished in black powder coat with the logo & rib edges polished out. So I am just trying to get this look on these 2 components for the car shows.

I will be using other brands of components internally in the engine & accessories on the engine or under the hood.

As I began driving in the early 50's what I am doing is basically the same as what we did back then by upgrading intake, exhaust & a street cam. Kind of taking this car back to back to my youth so to speak. I also plan to rebuild the old original 216 & keep it around in case I get the urge to do a points show car as original sometime in the future. The body, interior & running gear are restored to original.

Thanks to all who may also comment.

Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If it comes down to it just polish off all the names And the shine will look better.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
X
Contributor
Contributor
X
Keep an eye open on Ebay, and also the classified area here and on the H.A.M.B. They show up fairly frequently.

X
Contributor
Contributor
X
try this again

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
I never knew Clifford to make a dual intake for a 235. He made a dual for the 230/250/292. I also never knew he made a valve cover for a 235. Any chance you can post a picture of your intake?

J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Hi. He offers them for both 216 & 235 with dual 2 bbl webbers. Mine is expeted to arrive in about a week so I cannot post a pic yet but they are shown & listed on his website. Here is the link to the manifold/carb set up on his website - http://www.cliffordperformance.net/Merch...egory_Code=C235

He has been offering some new items but dropped the valve covers. In reading another thread by tlowe on his new valve covers I will contact him to see if he has any for the 235 as they would be great.

The set of his shorty headers will arrive today & carb/manifold expected in a week to 10 days.

Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Hi. He offers them for both 216 & 235 with dual 2 bbl webbers. Mine is expeted to arrive in about a week so I cannot post a pic yet but they are shown & listed on his website. Here is the link to the manifold/carb set up on his website - http://www.cliffordperformance.net/Merch...egory_Code=C235

He has been offering some new items but dropped the valve covers. In reading another thread by tlowe on his new valve covers I will contact him to see if he has any for the 235 as they would be great.

The set of his shorty headers will arrive today & carb/manifold expected in a week to 10 days.

Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Just to clarify my previous post, when you go to their website it will say for 235-261 but when you open that link to view the carb/manifold set up the description says 216-235-261.
Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
It would be a lot easier and just as cool to have a Nicson set.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Hi Beater of the Pack. Not certain what a Niscon set is. Where can I view that?

Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Nicson was a company that made a lot of cast parts for Chevy 6s. A lot of it was for boats. It would be used stuff but it show up at swap meets and on eBay. I'm sure guys here have some. All I have is a GMC 2X1 manifold. It is good quality and there is a lot of it.

LINK

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 12/09/13 11:03 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M

12 port SDS EFI
J
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
J
Thanks. I already have that exact same header set sitting here waiting for the cam to arrive, hopefully this week so we can get it installed & rebuild the head with the new valves, springs, etc & get the engine together & swapped out in the car.

I have already purchased the dual manifold with the two 2 bbl Webbers & it should ship in about a week. Hopefully it will arrive by the time we finish the engine & get it installed. If not we will put on the stock intake & exaust so I can drive it to the muffler shop & get them to install headers & build exhaust system.

Then all I will have to do is install the new intake & carbs & get back to using this great little Coupe.

In the meantime I am looking for a few dress up under the hood items to give it a better show look of a street rod of the 50's theme.

Once I get all this done I will rebuild the original 216 in case I deide to make it into an original points show car. The reason I am not making it an original show car is there are no close shows to me to go to regularly to really make that worthwile at this time so I going with the 50's street rod theme & make it a good safe driver at today's highway speeds.

Once I get it back up & running it is off to body shop as the previous owner did not replace any of the weather stripping or rubber when he restored the body & interior 23 years ago. For an older restoration it looks like it was done last year as since new it has always been kept in a closed garage with a car cover over it to keep off the dust by both previous owners.

I am having fun with all this.

Jimmie ol-nobull

ol-nobull
Jimmie Price
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Take care of the old restoration. The paint on it is probably better than you could legally put on it now.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available