Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I've been busy making upgrades and updates to my 12 Port Head casting patterns. It needed both a better and more modern combustion chamber design as well as both the intake and exhaust ports updated. The head already flowed pretty good, but both the chamber and ports were designed for bore sizes of 4.125". This makes it impossible to use it on the conventional bore sizes the 250's and 292's have. I have already created a 3D model of the chamber, and will machine it this coming week. I can then add the ports to the model and then get it flowed to evaluate once I can machine them into the model. Once I get it flowed, I can then cast a sample single cylinder port and install guides and seats to see that it stays consistent with the model. The entry level head will have 1.94" & 1.6" valves with a 64-ishcc chamber.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
I've been busy making upgrades and updates to my 12 Port Head casting patterns. It needed both a better and more modern combustion chamber design as well as both the intake and exhaust ports updated. The head already flowed pretty good, but both the chamber and ports were designed for bore sizes of 4.125". This makes it impossible to use it on the conventional bore sizes the 250's and 292's have. I have already created a 3D model of the chamber, and will machine it this coming week. I can then add the ports to the model and then get it flowed to evaluate once I can machine them into the model. Once I get it flowed, I can then cast a sample single cylinder port and install guides and seats to see that it stays consistent with the model. The entry level head will have 1.94" & 1.6" valves with a 64-ishcc chamber.

Looks good.

Are you going to have an optional direct injection layout also?

Not sure what it takes to get direct injection, super high pressure fuel pumps, gear driven pump I assume?

That would be a great way to go if we could go direct injection.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
Thanks Hank, i'm not sure what it would take to do a direct injection setup either, but I already have several timing cover patterns for cam driven mechanical fuel pumps, so that could be a start.

1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I had time today to make some sample chambers from my 3D model. I went ahead and made a left and right chamber. I'll pick up some valve seats and machine and install them into these. I almost have the exhaust port finished modeling up, then I can add it to the chamber model below and start on the intake port. I'm creating this as a modular assembly so I can isolate and remove select features without having to redo the entire part. Once completed I can flow it for further evaluation, and begin making my core patterns once i'm satisfied they meet my projected goal. If nothing else, they'll make some cool looking ashtrays! laugh

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 130 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available