Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
egarage Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
I have a Clifford c-4501 4 bbl intake manifold with a missing water jacket and a missing adapter. Is there any way to make a water jacket and a less expensive adapter than Cliffords.

G
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
G
Missing or was never there to begin with? If missing you can make a heat plate with 1/4" steel and some brass elbows with barbs on one end and thread on the other. If it was an early one it never had heat so probably not easy to change now.

As far as the adapter is concerned: you can probably make one out of steel but I'd just pony up the money and buy the right one.

E
egarage Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
The fittings are there but the water jacket is not there.

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Pics needed to post.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If you would rather work on the adapter than buy one and have the tools then get a piece of aluminum and gaskets for both sides and go for it. Before you are done you my wish you had bought one but when you are finished you'll be proud. cool The Clifford I got from Hank has no provision for heat.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
G
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
G
Is it the same as this?: http://www.2040parts.com/clifford-c-4501...od-rat-i708569/

If so I don't see how you're going to heat it. In fact I don't see how you'll hook up your linkage or brake booster either.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That is one of the vary early Clifford intakes. Most would remove
3 of the runners off the intake floor. Because it would lean out the 3/4. And I have made many hot water boxes for those intakes. Nothing a block of 3x4 billet won't fit.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
E
egarage Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
E
gbauer that is the one. I am very new at this and very little experience doing this type of work. I was a building contractor for 40 years but I am learning. As far as making a water jacket, if I seen one I think I can make one. I have removed the front end from my truck and installed a tci m2 suspension, the welding was done by a professional. Removed 216 engine and installed a 292 with a 700r4 transmission and a Camaro rear end. The brake booster is now between the frame and I'm not sure about the linkage and not sure about a lot of other things untill I get to them. I have asked a lot of questions about problems I have ran into and got a lot of good answers and some not so good. Thanks

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
That Clifford is just like mine.The old Edumunds manifolds had a 1/2" tube cast into the the outside and ran the length of the manifold. I think you could drill holes in the ends of the log and weld in a 1/2" aluminum tube and get enough heat. If it was laid along the outside and given the huge area inside these manifolds I don't think restriction is an issue.

For linkage you will also have to deal with the TV cable for the 700R4. It might be easiest to get cable, and linkage bracket from a vehicle that uses that trans and use a cable throttle.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Originally Posted By: gbauer

Wow, never saw website before!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 38 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available