Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Contributor
Contributor
I
About the LD4 in 1978. The only difference that I know of is the valve cover is not the wide one like in 75,76 and possibly some 77s. I am not sure when the heat riser valve was replaced with an EFE valve that is controlled by vacuum . In 79 car engines went back to a separate head and intake, truck engines got the new 2bbl intergrated head with a split manifold. I believe that the short block and camshaft are the same for all three engines. Why did car engines go back to a separate intake for one year has always been a mystery to me. Anyone know why? Jay 6155

T
TonyPa Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
Originally Posted By: intergrated j 78
About the LD4 in 1978. The only difference that I know of is the valve cover is not the wide one like in 75,76 and possibly some 77s. I am not sure when the heat riser valve was replaced with an EFE valve that is controlled by vacuum . In 79 car engines went back to a separate head and intake, truck engines got the new 2bbl intergrated head with a split manifold. I believe that the short block and camshaft are the same for all three engines. Why did car engines go back to a separate intake for one year has always been a mystery to me. Anyone know why? Jay 6155

oh okay, I was just curious. Nice to know my whole bottom end is the same. i didn't know if the cam was different....etc
Besides the head change on the 250, they must have kept the bottom end the same forever!

Last edited by TonyPa; 11/29/14 06:50 PM.
T
TonyPa Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
T
Originally Posted By: gbauer

Found another pic that shows it a bit better. Couple things: I trimmed a bit off the ear of the carb adapter to clear the cable. I also trimmed some off the lower arm of the stock linkage. That's the part that hung up on me at WOT. It hit the heater hose after the hose shifted. I cut it away and ground it smooth. I now have over an inch of clearance there.

You can see my home made heat plate and fittings. I'm using large hoses to the heater core just to avoid reducing them. This is before I connected it and adjusted the fittings.

Awesome! I save the photo and blew it up. I am starting to get the idea better now. Damn, your engines nice!

G
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
G
Thanks!

Looks can be deceiving though. It needs a little TLC in a couple areas. Nothing that won't be straight by next summer.

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
I used a Lokar throttle and kickdown cable kit. It was a direct fit. I just had to make a cable support bracket coming off of the firewall so the cables wouldn't deflect during operation. The original bracket went away when the stock intake did.

My carb bowl faces the radiator support..........had to redrill an aluminum 4bbl spacer plate that had been hanging on the back wall of the local speed shop for the last decade ($-FREEBIE-$) to get it to face forward on the offy intake. Worked out great and eliminated the need to run some ouija board linkage angles for the carb!!

Last edited by JStewart; 12/01/14 11:42 AM.

'71 Chevy Shortbox 250ci
'99 Jeep TJ 242ci
Inliner #5787
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 336 guests, and 34 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available