Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Mine has the hubs and spindles. The hubs actually still have vestigial wooden spokes attached. No brakes. Somebody converted it to use as a trailer axle by welding a plate between the tierod and the axle to fix the spindles in place. The guy I got it from kept the nice cast spindle caps that had the Essex logo cast into them Grrr.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
That sounds pretty good to me. I'm pretty good at unwelding stuff. Those caps are probably the easiest Essex parts to find. They are small so people kept them inside. The front springs were 1 3/4" X 36". I have access to lots of Chevy parts. How do we get it from there to here? smile

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I don't know what this is but I like the rear suspension. This style would allow me to cut 17" off of the rear of the frame that really serves no purpose except hanging the back of the rear springs. Another option would be making it a "3 springer" using a Model A rear crossmember and spring like many of the early dry lakes racers. The problem with that is the use of Ford parts. shocked laugh The good thing is I have them. cool I also like the Zed frame if it were necessary to drop the driver lower behind the cowl.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 322 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available