Print Thread
Rate Thread
#84463 02/15/15 01:29 PM
N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
I bought Leos book a while back and for the life of me, I cant seem to figure out where I put it. I have searched through here, and google a bit and cant find the exact info I need.

292 in a 69 chevy half-ton with a 4 on the floor, just a Daily Driver.

Im in the middle of a clutch installation, and im looking to find out what the torque is for the fasteners holding the flywheel to the crankshaft.

also the fasteners holding the pressure plate to the flywheel.

the engine in question was purchased without a flywheel,clutch,etc. and it looks like the flywheel fasteners should have washers of some type, is this correct? and if so, what type of washers should I use?

the fasteners that that couple the pressure plate to the flywheel that I had left over from a different project were of two types: one had about 3/4 of it threaded, while the remaining 1/4 was bare near the cap, leaving sort of a shoulder, and the other type was a plain-jane grade 8 affair, fully threaded.

can I use plain-jane fasteners to couple the pressure plate to the flywheel, or do I need that shouldered fastener, and what washers should I use, if any?

also should I use loctite? and what flavor would you guys recommend?

thanks for the help guys!

N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
aha! I found it.

as per page 80 in the good book:

pressure plate: 40 ft.lbs with blue loctite.

flywheel: 1/2 in stock bolt, 110 ft.lbs
7/16 bolt, 90 ft.lbs, red loctite for both.

now I just need to know about the pressure plate to flywheel fasteners. do they need to be the ones with a shoulder, or can I use the plain jane types?

and how about washers on the flyweel fasteners? with loctite it seems like a plain grade 8 affair would be adequate.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Check to make sure that the shoulder is less than the thickness of the pressure plate material and use them. I also prefer shoulders on the flywheel bolts and no washers unless it uses lock tabs.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
N
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
N
thanks beater. I just hope the shoulder bolts are something I can source @ the flaps, otherwise im limited to the plain jane stuff.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (41 Coupe), 334 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
castironphil, uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony
6,785 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available