Rate Thread
K
Kaad Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
Hi guys..

Have any of you knowledge about a good setup for mounting the TV-cable on my dual Weber 32/36?

Bowtie overdrive have kits for any other carburator but Weber..

What to do??

M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
You would have to make the brackets yourself.
Or buy a kit form Bowtie OD & modify to fit your application.

Ask TheSilverBuick guy how he made it work near the firewall on his Firebird.
It's in this thread on page 33. https://www.inliners.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=73883&page=33

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
T
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
T
Yes, I cheated, but you need to do some math AND use a transmission line pressure gauge (from the pressure test port on the side of the transmission), to make sure you set the cable with the right amount of travel and proper pressure rise.

Mine is set such that with just a small amount of pedal move the pressure starts rising, and with the pedal on the floor there is a 1/16-1/8" of travel left in the cable, as in put the pedal to the floor and pull the cable with your hand and see that it pulls out just a tad more. My Firebird has an arched shaped pedal rod under the dash so there is some funky geometry going on, a straight rod would be easier to find a sweet spot with.

I simply took a TV cable bracket, cut it, drilled a single hole in it for a sheet metal screw to pass through to secure it to the firewall, added a strip of metal to the bottom to angle it downwards some in my case so it doesn't pull at an awkward angle under the dash. I used a cable crimp (5/16th?) with a welded on tab for the cable's clip.

The pedal side.

The engine side.

K
Kaad Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
Thanks for inputs..
It's some math and measurements needs to be done to get this to work.. Anyway I'm up for the task. Bad luck I have never worked with automatics before, so I'll need to get the last adjustments fixed out town!

Do you know if the TV cable needs to travel further than the throttle cable in the same move?

I mean does it needs to gear up the more you push the throttle or is it "just" one straight pull (1,5")

Thanks!

Last edited by Kaad; 02/26/15 01:49 PM.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 323 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available