Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
Hi has any one swapped a studebaker v8 into a 36 ford as I am thinking of this swap for my chopped 36

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
We are a site that deals with inline engines. You know straight 4, 6, and 8 cylinders. That being said I have some Studebaker V8 experience. They are good, strong engines and much overlooked. Front mounts are simple pads. The rears are too if you use a truck bell housing. Some truck bell have a Ford trans bolt pattern. They are heavy. Speed equipment is available. They have forged cranks.
Try posting on the HAMB and for Stude info go to the Studebaker Drivers Club. There is a Racing Studebakers site too. Now if you decide to put a Studebaker straight six in it we're your guys. By the way what model '36?

Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 09/15/15 01:34 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
hi Beater yes I know its a inline site but some swing both ways I am building a 26 studebaker roadster pickup with a 25 inch desoto 6 but am also doing a 36 ford flatback 4 door sedan with a 5 inch roof chop and am thinking of replacing the flathead 8 with a studebaker 8 as my day to day car is a 63 studebaker lark and inliners are mostly hands on guys Cheers

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'd like to see pictures of that Stude Roadster. Those were big cars not at all like the Ford Ts. The '36 Ford sedan with a Stude V-thing is interesting too. My son has a '54 Conestoga Wagon with a supercharged 289, WC T5, and narrowed 9"Ford rear end. When we first drove it to Texas in the fall of 2001 it was all Stude. Over his college years things changed.

How strange, I took those tires off of my '53 Chevy pickup today.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
K
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
K
I would love to put some pics up of my studebaker roadster pickup but I cant work out how to post pics on this site any hints?

Contributor
Contributor
Use one of the image hosting sites such as Photobucket or Tinypic. There are others. Google is your friend.
I use Tinypic: click here for link

regards,Rod. grin

Last edited by walpolla; 09/20/15 07:55 AM.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
uncle dave, trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB
6,784 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available