Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
T
Hey everyone, its been a few motnhs since ive been here. im currently deployed overseas and we finally got our internet up and reliable. I was wondering if anyone could email me dimensions to build and intake manifold for a chevy 250. im bored here and we have a machine shop here on the boat so im looking for something to do. mainly i need the distances from intake port to intake port and so on. if anyone could send these to me that would be great thanks again.
email: wehmeyer@gunston-hall.navy.mil

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
I have a 250 head on my bench. I'll try to find the time to take the measurements today.
Hopefully other members will already have the info you need too and can send them right away.
I will post them and email them to you at the address you provided.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I have some pics on my dig. camera with a tape next to the head I can send him those pics.I have built a few already and I'm slowly inthe works of making a new Alum. intake. And I think I still have the intake Flange pics from whem I did my metal intake. So when I down load the pics for my web site I can Email him,If he is still in need of these/this info.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
Would a gasket for the dimension help. I'd gladly send you a gasket. I've also got a sheet metal 4bbl intake. The runners are way too long for street use. I'd send that too if the shipping isn't bad.
Larry

Ignorance can be fixed Stupidity is forever
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Larry would you minding sending some pics of that intake?? Have you thought about just making the runners shorter??. The Gasket would Be the Best thing for him to work off or With,But it should be Marked as Head side and Intake side So he Knew which way to make the intake head Plates. Because if it was copied off the wrong side The intake would not Mount.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
T
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
T
thanks everybody, id greatly appreciate any help you could give me. as far as sending me something via mail, i think that the typical wait on mail delivery here is 2 months so it wouldnt be worth it for you to send me anything. but any dimensions or pictures you could email me would be great, thanks again everybody.

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Well, I sent off a couple of pics and dimensions
and hope they help. I'm not sure how theone616736
will lay out the port size if he plans to open them up on his cylinder head as I sent measurments for a stock head.Any ideas that could help him with that? Maybe actual port size someone has done or a percentage fiqure? It's shame he can't get a hold of a gasket.

By the way, I used a 1968 Chev. 250 head.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Drew he could still port match the intake to the head. Depending on the gasket itself Most heads are just under the size of the gasket to start with. I use MrGasket intake/exhaust gaskets and I port match the Head to them For my own stuff. The intake flange should be at least a 3/8s flange Most headers have a 3/8s flange.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
Okay, Larry.Thanks. I sent him the info and 3 pics and he says it'll help alot.If any of you want send info or pics the email address he provided will get them to him. In the mean time he can also look at www.T6Racing.org for help too. Nobody said I can't post that web! :p \:\)

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
right drew i just can't post it myself Because I am not a paid advertiser YET at this time. It should help him as well Or bring on more questions if he has any.If he still needs or wants other Pics,If he lets me/Us Know I can send him what ever he feels he may need yet for pics

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 192 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available