Print Thread
Rate Thread
M
Malvin Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
M
I need points condenser rotor coil and distributor cap for 46 ford flathead 6 cyl. car engine.

1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
HERE is the cap. O'Reilly has points and condenser. I bet the rotor and coil are the same as the V8.

Ford 226s are great engines and much overlooked. I wish more people ran them.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
I agree.

I also wish there were more high performance parts available for them. I am running the original 226 flathead 6 in my 51 Ford coupe,and am going to keep it. Headers and heads are impossible to find,and intakes almost as hard to find.

Need 226 Ford flathead 6 cast iron headers.
1000 Post Club
Online Content
1000 Post Club
Talk to CNC-DUDE here. He is interested in filling the gaps of parts for some of these less popular engines.
It often ticks me off to see "collections" of hard to find speed equipment hanging in some rich guy's "man cave" that should be put to use and be seen by more people. I guess I'm a Pinko Commie. laugh

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Originally Posted By: Bender
I agree.

I also wish there were more high performance parts available for them. I am running the original 226 flathead 6 in my 51 Ford coupe,and am going to keep it. Headers and heads are impossible to find,and intakes almost as hard to find.

Glad to hear your sticking with the original engine - makes for a more interesting hot rod (if you ask me :-)).

Eddie Edmunds made head for the 226 - I have seen pics. He also made two-jug intake:
Edmunds manifold on ebay
auction just ended - will likely relist.

There is a company called Knudsen that also made a manifold and head for the 226.

happy hunting.

regards,
stock49

A
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
A
Does the '46 have a front mounted distributor? Speed equipment is out there, but few and far between and it's getting pricey. I have a Nicson 2x1 intake and a Knudsen head on my '51. I had to build a split manifold as no header is available (Red's used to make one but discontinued it a couple of years ago). I have a Cyclone head for another project I'm working on. Not sure how well it will work, but I'm trying to modify a header from a 200 cu. in. Falcon six to fit the flathead six. I found some plasma cut intake/exhaust flanges for the flathead six which will make things a little easier. When I get something worth looking at, I'll try posting pictures.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Eoats, Beater of the Pack, littlejeep2), 345 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available